9mm hex keys

pugwash

I'm trying to remove the hydraulic motor from my milemarker winch, but it seems to need a 9mm hex key which seem to be extremely rare.

as it's a yank piece of kit, is their an imperial measure which is slap bang between 8mm and 10mm?

I'm trying to remove the hydraulic motor from my milemarker winch, but it seems to need a 9mm hex key which seem to be extremely rare.

as it's a yank piece of kit, is their an imperial measure which is slap bang between 8mm and 10mm?

If I remember rightly you want a 3/8" allen key for the milemarker.

Matt

Jim,

Yes, 9mm Allen wrenches are readily available ……………… IIRC that is also the size of the LT77 fill plug.

It’s a fair bet that the MM bolts are imperial heads as I know definitely that the threads are imperial…………… 9mm equates to 11/32 , but the most realistic size is probably 3/8 which is a shade under 9.5mm.

:)

Ian

If I remember rightly you want a 3/8" allen key for the milemarker.

Matt

I have also come across this odderty in my old plant fitting days 3/8", or depending on how rough you want to be lashings of wd40 leave to soak in then hammer flat headed screwdriver in and then replace with something more run of the mill

I have also come across this odderty in my old plant fitting days 3/8", or depending on how rough you want to be lashings of wd40 leave to soak in then hammer flat headed screwdriver in and then replace with something more run of the mill

Suppose that would work, having served an apprentaship in agricultural enginering I just had to bite the bullet and by kit in metric and imperial though!

Suppose that would work, having served an apprentaship in agricultural enginering I just had to bite the bullet and by kit in metric and imperial though!

am actually serving my time as a agricultural engineer and i need both going upto very large sizes

cheers all, i'll go out and buy some imperial keys, jase if i don't have them by the weekend then i'll pop up and borrow yours if thats ok!

I will be there from Fri night, Just listen out for the Wurzels blasting out and then youll find us . :)