2007 Defender CSW

Is there a 2007my tomb raider though, that's the question :D

Anybody know what the defender measurements are in metric please?

aS FOR DEPRECIATION.....I wouldnt have thought the D3 would depreciate that much. Second hand prices have not come down too far at the mo. I agree the defender holds it's price more. Does anyone have an opinion? (now theres a stupid question :D )

Does anyone have any muddy 2007 pics yet :D

Is there a 2007my tomb raider though, that's the question :D

aS FOR DEPRECIATION.....I wouldnt have thought the D3 would depreciate that much. Second hand prices have not come down too far at the mo. I agree the defender holds it's price more.

07 Tomb Raider ?? NO

Just two quick example found

LAND ROVER Discovery 3 Station Wagon Diesel - 2.7 TD V6 7-Seat 5dr 06 06 with 17k can be bought for £21k, that was £29k new last year that 8k in 12 months

or a 54 plate D3 Station Wagon Diesel - 2.7 TD V6 HSE 5dr with 37k for £25k now,, near £44k new !!!! :o

Is near £20K down enough ??

D3 allday long does everthing better!!! :D

I seriously thought about a D3 - and then decided a late TD5 Defender would be better. Then I went to look for a late TD5 Defender and decided to buy a brand new one.

07 Defender is a big advance on the TD5 - the thinking man's Landrover. Tdci Defender - the best 4x4xfar :D

07 Tomb Raider ?? NO

Just two quick example found

LAND ROVER Discovery 3 Station Wagon Diesel - 2.7 TD V6 7-Seat 5dr 06 06 with 17k can be bought for £21k, that was £29k new last year that 8k in 12 months

or a 54 plate D3 Station Wagon Diesel - 2.7 TD V6 HSE 5dr with 37k for £25k now,, near £44k new !!!! :o

Is near £20K down enough ??

I bet your looking for a tomb raider lookalike TJ :D

Where's this 54 plate HSE then please?

The thing is though (thinking out loud here) one wouldn't go lane clearing in a D3, a D1 most definately a brand new defender most definately but a D3 hmmmm

Guest dew110CSW

I think by TR he means a crew cab, Which they still do. I like the new Halfback look now (Utility I believe they call it)

No, I meant the bodycare package which is where the paintwork is coated to protect against scratches, bird poo etc - also keeps the shine without polishing (in theory) plus interior protection (with three kids in the back it seemed a sound idea)

The underside looks to have the usual waxy protection.

My current TD5 is supposed to had the protection biz but the paintwork still scratches like a good'un. I haven't bothered with it on the new one I'm getting.

Guest dew110CSW
A Rimini 110, Pict care of AndrewS from Defender2 forum

That's the Utility. Santana have done it for years now and IMO it looks smart, nearly did that with my OneTen.

I bet your looking for a tomb raider lookalike TJ :D

No not a copy, But if a genuine one turn up :)

Where's this 54 plate HSE then please?

If you are interested , sent a PM, and will make enquires for you

My current TD5 is supposed to had the protection biz but the paintwork still scratches like a good'un. I haven't bothered with it on the new one I'm getting.

When I bought my 55 plate 110 new I had it covered with a layer of clear vinyl to protect from any green lane scratches. Took it off the weekend and it's like a new car. Not a mark on it. :)

I'll definately be considering it for the new one. (just ordered. :D )

Also a big thanks to MJIbex for his help on a new one. B)

Rich

No not a copy, But if a genuine one turn up :)

If you are interested , sent a PM, and will make enquires for you

I have to test drive the new 90 first then decide which way to go, but thanks for the offer.

When I bought my 55 plate 110 new I had it covered with a layer of clear vinyl to protect from any green lane scratches. Took it off the weekend and it's like a new car. Not a mark on it. :)

I'll definately be considering it for the new one. (just ordered. :D )

Also a big thanks to MJIbex for his help on a new one. B)

Rich

What micron vinyl did you use please top90? I can cut my own vinyl and was considering doing the same for the D2. How much did it cost you to buy? I suppose I should also ask what template you used too :D

What micron vinyl did you use please top90? I can cut my own vinyl and was considering doing the same for the D2. How much did it cost you to buy? I suppose I should also ask what template you used too :D

My brother is a sign writer so he supplied a roll of clear vinyl and we spent a day doing it so not sure what micron value. Was quite thin so it went round the curves but the front corners of the front wings were not perfect. No template, just cover each panel individually, cut off the excess and fold round the edges of the panel. Cost me about £40/£50 for the roll.

Rich

Exactly the same as before when more than six feet from it. When close it just toned the colour down a bit as it faded a little after a year.

Send me an email and I'll send a pic if you want it, rather than clutter up this 2007 defender thread.

It's practically impossible to see the covering though.

Rich

So what stuff do the LR main dealers use then?

I think that's 'superguard' MOG which is a polish or spray on coat. Not 100% sure though.

I got the impression it was so you didn't need to polish it for a few years.

Rich

I think that's 'superguard' MOG which is a polish or spray on coat. Not 100% sure though.

I got the impression it was so you didn't need to polish it for a few years.

Rich

I've got all the blurb on it at home. IIRC its a spray on coating which retains the shine and makes it easy to wash (seems to be so far). It also came with a 3 year guarantee for the interior (seats and carpets) against spillages etc which I thought might be sensible with kids.

I've got all the blurb on it at home. IIRC its a spray on coating which retains the shine and makes it easy to wash (seems to be so far). It also came with a 3 year guarantee for the interior (seats and carpets) against spillages etc which I thought might be sensible with kids.

I got the blurb too but it's a bit vague about what the paintwork protection they offer actually is. If it's sprayed on does that mean they take a new vehicle into the bodyshop for a full mask up prior to application or is it more likely to be a hand applied process? I think the interior protection they use is something akin to 3m Scotchguard.