2007 Defender CSW

That looks vey smart I hope your enjoying as much as I do mine. I just washed mine for the first time today I dont know how I managed to leave it so long, nearly a month. Remember to check the engine oil as I have put half a litre in mine to top it back up, I wasn't concerned because alot of new engines use a little bit of oil for the first couple of k then they wont use any.

Oooh shiney :D Looks like they pulled out the stops for you John.

When you say body protection completed, did that include undersealing the chassis, underbody, etc. The last new defender I saw had so little underseal on it that it looked like it hadn't been undersealed at all. I suspect the reason that Land Rover don't do this is because any new Land Rover is likely to end up back at the dealers so many times during the first few years and the mechanics don't like to get thier fingers dirty with black underseal. Prove me wrong!

Log

When you say body protection completed, did that include undersealing the chassis, underbody, etc. The last new defender I saw had so little underseal on it that it looked like it hadn't been undersealed at all. I suspect the reason that Land Rover don't do this is because any new Land Rover is likely to end up back at the dealers so many times during the first few years and the mechanics don't like to get thier fingers dirty with black underseal. Prove me wrong!

Log

That, and cost!

That, and cost!

20 to 30 quid for materials and £100 an hour labour from your dealer (what a rip off!) wont put much onto the price of a new vehicle.

Log

Log

No, I meant the bodycare package which is where the paintwork is coated to protect against scratches, bird poo etc - also keeps the shine without polishing (in theory) plus interior protection (with three kids in the back it seemed a sound idea)

The underside looks to have the usual waxy protection.

No, I meant the bodycare package which is where the paintwork is coated to protect against scratches, bird poo etc - also keeps the shine without polishing (in theory) plus interior protection (with three kids in the back it seemed a sound idea)

The underside looks to have the usual waxy protection.

When are you having it Kleetect'ed?

:lol::lol::lol:

Had mine on the 4 post lift this afternoon,, the "waxy protection" is a bit on the "patchy" side :o

I was looking at one in the show room at Guy Salmon the other day, and I noticed that too. It seems that the wax is sprayed on from one direction, and everything in the 'shadow' of a component (such as an axle, or a bolt head etc.) gets missed by the wax.

Apart from that, I like it very much. It just gets better.

I was looking at one in the show room at Guy Salmon the other day, and I noticed that too. It seems that the wax is sprayed on from one direction, and everything in the 'shadow' of a component (such as an axle, or a bolt head etc.) gets missed by the wax.

Some of the paintwork can look like that on some new Defenders too :unsure:

Whats the big joke with Ermintrude? I see it every month in the LR mags, and despite it looking a little suspect, i dont know anything about it.

Thats a beautiful 110 by the way.

• 1 month later...

Well Mr Popay turned up at Minstead yesterday in his new 07 90 but refused to get it muddy because the underseal (no, not KT, he had it waxoyled by the garage) was still a bit wet.

He's got brand new BFG MT's on it though so the intention is clear, and we wouldn't let him get away with keeping it clean.

I have to say it's a nice truck, and the fact the doors close with a "thunk" rather than the usual clang is really strange. Not sure I'd have one though, all this "trim" and "carpet" looks rather high-maintenance to me. <_<

Spend last week with the TD5 110, was very nealy a time wrap, compared to the 07, felt about 10 year step back :D

I must admit the new dash looks better it just doen't work as well as it could have they had an oportunity to improve the defender and fluffed it i mean on the truck cab they could have done it like (dare i say it) santana which would have made living with it a lot better the county and hardtop's are better but why couldn't they have improved arm room etc... it's better but not by much?? :unsure: By the way after driving a santana and looking round them they make Land rover build quality look good!!! ;);)