Damaged Disco

Guest mr_wuffles

Except that he probably can't log on there at the moment like most people can't :D

Even Bigfoot has come over here. Come on Trev, bring the archive and lets start working together for everyones benefit.

Even Bigfoot has come over here. Come on Trev, bring the archive and lets start working together for everyones benefit.

I'm the first to defend Les' stewardship of this site, based on his long experience elsewhere, but I'm afraid everyone's made far too much song & dance over Nick's advert and most of it is pure cant. If we have a classified section on this Forum it's there primarily for the benefit of us all as potential buyers - unfortunately, it appears, we can't accept that that means we need stuff to be offered to us by dreadful people trying to offload their own unwanted goods for money, so we really can't be having any of that.

Come on guys, let's get real - having a Classifieds Section doesn't detract anything from the rest of the site. We rightly make judgements on advice from members as they make more and more posts and we get to know them over the months......a classified ad is completely different, as a second hand bonnet is just a second hand bonnet and I really don't need to know who his mother was and what vehicle he drives to make a decision on whether to buy it or not. The less rules stopping that supply chain of offers, the better IMHO - we need more offers, not less.

So far as the above suggestion goes, while I remain a supporter of the green forum I have to agree with the sentiment - ignoring the current 'technical' probs on the green [say no more] the fact is that neither forum is as strong as the old one was, despite the excellent banter over here, and we would be stronger and wiser back together as one. Please work on it again, guys.

Neil

erm...........

I really am begining to loose the will to live over this one...........

Can we PLEASE move on, its just one of those things, hopefully everyone will be a bit the wiser and thing of the consequences of their actions, life is not easily pigeoned holed for every situation, Les did what he did for the reasons he did, he has the backing of this forum as he and others did what they did or we would not be here enjoying LRA now...

Nick did what he did, maybe he feels different now maybe he doesn't bit others will see the logic and the message as to in some way the linmits of "reasonableness"....

can we PLEASE now put this to bed....................................................

PLEASE.......... :(

Nige

Guest mr_wuffles

Sorry to drag this back to the top again i've been away in Scotland since Tuesday straight out of work and on to the plane. The pictures in question are pretty much pictures of where i buy them from, not my house. The other ones with loads of land rovers in the back ground is where i currently have three landys stored i live in a bungalow with a single garage. I'm not in the trade and have never been. I spend all my profit on alcohol, coke, hotel rooms and loose woman :P It just tiddle*d me off a bit that i'd placed a genuine advert for something i'd bought and it'd be deleted and everyone seemed to be screaming your a trader! When other people are actually doing the same thing. I think if im selling a complete 200Tdi engine for example with all the bits for around £1300 and i see people buy them off the likes of equicar and such for say 2k plus vat i'm doing someone a favour. A few of you might know how long it takes to take an engine out, crate it up, strap it, wrap it, organise shipping, chase the shippers about, update the person who bought it and then your left with the guts of a vehicle sitting about that nobody wants so your not making much at all sometimes. I'm minus money for the last engine i sold because the rest of the vehicles still sitting there. All the money i make on land rover parts goes back into my land rovers. I originally thought that all post counts from the old LRE would be updated over here and we'd be one big forum. I've explained why i've not had much time to get involved lately already.