Damaged Disco

Guest mr_wuffles

Guest mr_wuffles
Ok, this thread has raised some points that are very interesting. The amount of hits tells me that a lot of you are interested in what's going on, so I've moved it to the International forum. If you haven't read this thread then please do so. What we are looking for is your honest and unbiased opinion on whether or not we (Mods and Admin) are doing what you would expect from us. We always do what we think is right, and to be honest, it's not always the right thing. This thread is an example of our interpretation of what we consider to be fair and in the best interests of you lot (our employers almost!) We could sit up all night (again) and make all sorts of rules that'll never bend, and if we did, I think the rigidity of them would put people off. So reason has to take control, which is the same as 'grey area' 'crossing the line' etc. So please, all of you take time to read this thread, and comment on what you see in it. You all own the site, contributors or not, if we are wrong or right, just say so.

Les (on behalf of all the mods)

Post Deleted by Les.

You're having a bluddy laugh Nick!

Les :angry:

I must have logged into the wrong site, I did`nt realise this was auto-trader.

You know Colin i really like the UK Auto Trader................... i see some apparent good deals on there.......

Still looking for that early H registered 200 tdi 110 or maybe even a 90

Guest mr_wuffles
I must have logged into the wrong site, I did`nt realise this was auto-trader.

And why's that? Last time i looked this was called the classifieds forum?

And why's that? Last time i looked this was called the classifieds forum?

Yes it is Nick but for forum members to sell thier spares, not for advertising wares on behalf of others.

especially when no donation for funding this site has been recieved.

the people that have donated are paying for these free adverts.

time to stump up IMHO.

Guest mr_wuffles

Nope im not in the trade at all(well i tell a lie i service all the Calor gas trucks and trailers in Northern Ireland). This discovery im selling, i did pay for it and it's sitting in my driveway right now if you want to come and have a look? I know a guy who buys 20 accident damaged cars a week and would let me know when he gets land rovers in thats why i have things from time to time. I also have a friend that i've gone to get bits/servicing and ive bought all my land rovers off for the last 5 or 6 six years now and would see nearly ever week so it's not suprising i end up with alot of stuff. Paying for free adverts?:huh: I've not donated any money yet because im a little bit unsure about where this forums going to be honest it's very cliquey these days and im not sure were i fit in yet. I've started a new job recently working six days a week, so dont have alot of spare time to vist and get involved with the forum these days as i'd like to. I've seen you Tony advertising other peoples stuff?!?! :P I sell bits and pieces to fund my hobby like alot of other people seem to do. I think it's a bit of a bargain to be honest and thought i'd pass it onto you lovely people :rolleyes: I saw one the other week on ebay not even reach reserve for 7 grand.

im a little bit unsure about where this forums going to be honest it's very cliquey these days and im not sure were i fit in yet.

Not too unsure as to use the forum to sell stuff though Nick.

I sell bits and pieces to fund my hobby

Big bluddy hobby Nick. Are you saying you make no profit from selling the items you put on here? If not, why bother? I doubt you are doing it to do someone else a favour.

thought i'd pass it onto you lovely people

Nice to think that we are all stupid enough to believe that.

You have to be reasonable m8, you have to understand that. In the end you are getting free advertising, which is in the end promoting your hobby, and the funding of it.

Les. :)

Guest mr_wuffles

Well it's my word against yours at the end of the day. I'm not a motor trader and never have been. Why should i even have to explain myself to you? I've visted "this" forum for years and years now (must have well over 2000 post before the change of venue) and this exactly what im talking about, the power has all gone to your heads and the attitude stinks. It's like we're the boss dont mess with us :( The only thing i have to say is im disapponited and i dont think im the only one who feels this way alot of good members have disappeared. At the end of the day if im not wanted here there's plenty more good forums where i'll continue go and vist instead :)

Guest mr_wuffles

I think im being very reasonable. Cols110 was the one who made the snide remark and he's meant to be a moderator! Why should i have to? It's there choice that they wanted to donate money for the up-keep of the whole site not just the classifieds. You dont on any other forums. How olds this forum now one or two months? and i should just give money to some bloke that i've never met before, to fund something that for all i know could go poop next week? I would donate money but i'd like to see how this pans out for a bit first now.

I've answered your questions maybe you could answer mine?

Nick I`m not interested in having a mud slinging contest here, but the classified forum is for people who are genuinely trying to flog their vehicle or wares, not as a free place for people to advertise to make a few bucks on the side.

Fairs fair, you have had a decent run, and you have to admit with some of your posts you do come across as a trader, not just the average Geezer who is trying to flog his motor.

Sorry you have taken offence, but it`s just how it looks from our side of the fence.

Ok, here we go:-

Why should i have to?

I didn't say you HAD to, but it's only fair that s you should, considering the use you put the forum to to sell items. Yes, you are doing people a favour by selling various parts, but what would it be like if the likes of Craddocks, Paddocks, blrs, Bearmach, etc etc etc, did the same thing? They pay to advertise and off-set it from the prices they charge, you should know that, and it's only reasonable to hope that you would do the same.

It's there choice that they wanted to donate money

Well that's just a plain stupid comment to make. Who do you think should pay for this site that you use to advertise on? You profit - you pay, how easy is that to understand?

How olds this forum now one or two months?

Does that matter?. If it did I would suggest you are just taking advantage of the site while it's here, albeit a temporary thing.

and i should just give money to some bloke that i've never met before, to fund something that for all i know could go poop next week?

Yes, how much money are you going to make while this website is here? LR4x4.com will be here for at least 2-years, as that is what is currently paid for in advance.

I would donate money but i'd like to see how this pans out for a bit first now.

Ok, that's a reasonable statement to make. So how about you don't advertise anything on here for, say, the next 6-months? If we're still here. then you can donate something. Is that ok with you?

Les. :D

Nick

rather than try to be all clever just read what people have put.

if you want to keep advertising stuff on here a donation would be the decent thing to do.

I've not met you either but if you do get to drive over here your welcome to stop by.

no clique here just people watching what goes on

and free advertising isn't what this site is here for.

I advertise bits for others yes the difference is you are abusung the classifieds for others IMHO.

I have paid towards the sites upkeep and

spend my time helping it run for the users.

your stats:

Most active in Classifieds Forum

( 40 posts / 51% of this member's active posts )

this says it all really!

ah - but how many of those posts are replies to peoples queries and how many are topic starters advertising a new item for sale?

for example, Mr Wuffles has made 7 posts in this thread so far... 1 for the original ad, and 6 responses. So going by the same average, out of his 40 posts in this section, he'd have advertised roughly 6 to 7 items . . . . not 40.

If the feeling of the forum is such that those who have donated should be the only ones to be able to place adverts, then set that up as such in the rights of the user ID's. This board should be able to set it such that only some people can start a topic in this section, whilst everyone else can reply / view the topics.