Swimmming Pool in Footwell

In addition to bits of paint falling off, I need to deal with a leak which is flooding the driver's footwell. The water's dripping off the bottom of the metal strip that holds the windsreen frame and bulkhead together (the black strip in the photo). The seal appears dry and I can't see any clear sign of where the actual leak is.

What's the best way to tackle this?

Phil.

post-153-1178815183_thumb.jpg

Guest dew110CSW

Get large drill and make two holes in foot well towards the drivers seat to allow the water to drain out, then praise Land Rover for the unique boot washing system.

Get large drill and make two holes in foot well towards the drivers seat to allow the water to drain out, then praise Land Rover for the unique boot washing system.

:lol:

Love to, but the water's making my bulkhead rusty so I think I'd better try to keep it out!!

Phil.

Pull the door seal off in the area of the windscreen to bulkhead join and shove some sealant in there. You might want to undo the joining strip bolts and splodge some sealant in around the bolt threads and run a bead of sealant along the filler strip before refitting the bolts. Also check that the sealant in the gutter of the hardtop and along the top of the windscreen frame / hardtop too. Take a look at the same join under the doorseal too.

Pull the door seal off in the area of the windscreen to bulkhead join and shove some sealant in there. You might want to undo the joining strip bolts and splodge some sealant in around the bolt threads and run a bead of sealant along the filler strip before refitting the bolts. Also check that the sealant in the gutter of the hardtop and along the top of the windscreen frame / hardtop too. Take a look at the same join under the doorseal too.

Steve, thanks, I take it I can remove the joining strip to work on the area without anything untoward happening?

Many thanks,

Phil.

and what sealant do you recommend?

Right, as it was dry this afternoon, I've been busy. I did everything Steve suggested and fitted a new door seal too. I used a Loctite silicon sealant which a friend recommended. All I need now is a good downpour and a dry footwell afterwards!!!

When I have more time. I need to clean the rust off the door stop bracket and the seam along the top of the footwell.

Cheers!

Phil.

I did similar today with my black pool sealant and then it rained hard....

All nice and dry in there still..... :)

Yipeeeeeeeeee......

(Only problem now is the dirty boots won't get cleaned !)

I did similar today with my black pool sealant and then it rained hard....

All nice and dry in there still..... :)

Yipeeeeeeeeee......

(Only problem now is the dirty boots won't get cleaned !)

Hope I've had similar success, still no rain here so I might still be getting my boots cleaned!!!

Phil.

grease/or peroleum jelly on the o/s of the seal stops water going through it to

Well, I hope this isn't premature, it rained overnight and the footwell's dry this morning so that looks like good news!

Thanks, Steve!

Phil.

• 1 month later...