We Take Site Maintenance Very Seriously! No2

post-400-1179692843_thumb.jpg

post-400-1179692851_thumb.jpg

post-400-1179692869_thumb.jpg

post-400-1179692898_thumb.jpg

post-400-1179692909_thumb.jpg

Trotted off to do a bit of site maintenance in the 360° digger, repaired the area (the infamous "pigs pass").

Thought, job well done - went to move elsewhere - oh bugger - 14tons sinking fast!

The drot came to the rescue and duly got stuck also, that was removed with the case 280bhp tractor, but the 360° is stuck fast,

i doubt even a simex'ed tdi 90 with 6bhp 8274 will move it! :ph34r:

The photos are of yesterday, its about 2' deeper now. We did dig down about 10', hopeing to find bedrock, oh no, just the same old goo!

So, one 360° for sale, buyer collects :mellow:

You need a heavy! chain and some kind of ground anchor. The little bulldozer can propably be used. Park it - preferably in a more dry spot - with the bucket low and burried in the soil and facing the 360. Attach a heavy chain to the bucket of the little bulldozer and attach the other end of the chain to the bucket on the 360. Then use the digger arm to pull out very slowly. Of course al soil deposits hindering forward motion for the 360 should be removed beforehand.

DO NOT attach the chain to the tractor - the force form the 360 digger arm will easily tare it apart!

We did dig down about 10', hopeing to find bedrock, oh no, just the same old goo!

Keep going, you are bound to hit it at some point. Do wear a life jacket though, in case you hit the local water table first :lol:

Steve

You need a heavy! chain and some kind of ground anchor. The little bulldozer can propably be used. Park it - preferably in a more dry spot - with the bucket low and burried in the soil and facing the 360. Attach a heavy chain to the bucket of the little bulldozer and attach the other end of the chain to the bucket on the 360. Then use the digger arm to pull out very slowly. Of course al soil deposits hindering forward motion for the 360 should be removed beforehand.

DO NOT attach the chain to the tractor - the force form the 360 digger arm will easily tare it apart!

the ground's so soft i wouldnt imagine the dozer staying still very long if im honest, but it's worth a shot i guess

Stick the ditching bucket on,and lift yourself up,chuck some sleepers under,change bucket for wide with teeth and pull/push/walk yourself out.

this is without a doubt the way I would do it, those machines are designed to self-recover from situations just like this one.

good luck Rog!, like i said on KORC, jus gimme a shout if ya want a hand. I'll be there

the ground's so soft i wouldnt imagine the dozer staying still very long if im honest, but it's worth a shot i guess

this is without a doubt the way I would do it, those machines are designed to self-recover from situations just like this one.

good luck Rog!, like i said on KORC, jus gimme a shout if ya want a hand. I'll be there

Yes they are designed for self-recovery, but self-recovery is only possible when the bucket is large enough (or the ground surface hard enoug) that you can gain some leverage by using the digger arm to push or pull....

The pictures may be misleading, but as I see it in the pictures the bucket on the bulldozer seems bigger than the bucket on the digger and then it can be used in the way described.

Yes they are designed for self-recovery, but self-recovery is only possible when the bucket is large enough (or the ground surface hard enoug) that you can gain some leverage by using the digger arm to push or pull....

The pictures may be misleading, but as I see it in the pictures the bucket on the bulldozer seems bigger than the bucket on the digger and then it can be used in the way described.

Thanks for the responses guys but the biggest problem is the hydraulics are about shot, being very weak, it does not have enough power to either lift itself or a full bucket! or to have drive and power the rams (hence the reason it has got stuck, at first it was only just slipping in its tracks, it was not sunk).

Local plant company has offered the use of a winch tractor, coming back with a price.

So, if there are any poclain hydraulic experts out ther give me a shout!