4x4Adventures Winch Challenge at Uplowman, Tiverton, Devon

JST

Guest WALFY

My god. I go away withwork for 24 hrs. (more than 20mins this week :o) and look at the grief I get. Thanks all for the vote of confidence :D :D :D

Having a re-think at the moment about what we are bringing or how we are getting there.

Been to tax the new lorry today and the miserable gits will not do it until two days before the begining of the next month, bearing in mind that is next wednesday and there are only another three working days between now and then. Is this government tight or what.

We were planning to put one on the lorry and trailer the other which meant me and Dawn could travel down in a third vehicle. We have some time off next week so me and Dawn were gonna stay down for a few days.

I am going to stand in the yard now and scratch my head to see if I can come up with a plan.

Well just been down to the site and its a little wet in the fields to say the least! i even did a little tree clearing for the marshalls so they dont scratch there vehicles on the way down to the site!

So whats going to be the going rate to recover a marshall/organiser when they get stuck down the bottom end of the fields then. £10 says Matt has some interesting driving on his well worn Colways!

To busy this weekend - taking smallist child to see my Dad for the first time. He is back in Chaemo next week with pretty cr*p odds on making it through. Haven't seen The Wife or The Girls all this week as her Dad had his hip op on Monday and she has been with the MiL. The let him home today! He is 80 with a dodgy ticker - talk about tough!

Saw Oberst Von Trembath tonight howling up the M5 as I was wending my way home in post 70 hour week fog. What it must be to be a man of leisure!

I shall be at the next bash if all is well with the move.

Paul - do you fancy some codriving?

depends who else turns up as marshals

see who we can press gang in the morning if that fails then i can be the backup plan

paul

Guest WALFY

James

Cheers for a great day. Only damage was a couple of broken rear lights, bent rollcage, bent rear crossmember, smelly clutch, dented doors. But apart from that all is well.

Glad you guys enjoyed it and even the weather worked well for us today.

Great to have you all along competing and on your behalf THANK YOU to the marshalls

Matt Neal

Dave Wilson & Andy

Paul Challis

Tim Jones

Chris Watts

your help is truly appreciated and as previously mentioned i think something will be in order for Marshalls at the end of the year as an expression of gratitude on my and the competitors behalf! wait out on that one.

I will post an event report on my website in due course and pics and results will go on here when i have confirmed them.

Well done to everyone, some good driving in some interesting conditions which is always nice to see! (especially Paul Radford and his wifes Disco!)

Matt i take back the misplaced comment ref the £10, we know who the bet should have gone on!

Guest weeble

Thanks James for a great day. Nice to get back into a challange after approx. 2 years.

Looking forward to the next one. You never know the new car may be ready by then!!. :rolleyes:

Glad you guys enjoyed it and even the weather worked well for us today.

Great to have you all along competing and on your behalf THANK YOU to the marshalls

Matt Neal

Dave Wilson & Andy

Paul Challis

Tim Jones

Chris Watts

your help is truly appreciated and as previously mentioned i think something will be in order for Marshalls at the end of the year as an expression of gratitude on my and the competitors behalf! wait out on that one.

I will post an event report on my website in due course and pics and results will go on here when i have confirmed them.

Well done to everyone, some good driving in some interesting conditions which is always nice to see! (especially Paul Radford and his wifes Disco!)

Matt i take back the misplaced comment ref the £10, we know who the bet should have gone on!

No problem James, as always a an interesting day, and we were blessed with dry weather even if the ground wasn't. And I wonder what the £10 bet was for...... :rolleyes:

No problem James, as always a an interesting day, and we were blessed with dry weather even if the ground wasn't. And I wonder what the £10 bet was for...... :rolleyes:

i must change my signature from mogilte recovery vehicle to disco2 and Dave 'TD5' 90 recovery vehicle

and matt next time please ask the disco owner to take the handbrake off and take it out of the gear before shouting ready - now

paul

the only photos that seem to have come out so far are these

'caption ones'

'i am enjoying it'

' Lardy - theres a clear route through here'

'steady as she goes'

and

'stuck....'

post-53-1185706703_thumb.jpg

post-53-1185706716_thumb.jpg

post-53-1185706732_thumb.jpg

post-53-1185706746_thumb.jpg

Results

Std + 1 (2 aids)

1st Shaun Houghton – 27 punches

2nd Mark and David

3rd Bob and Dawn Smith – retired early with winch problems

Modified

1st Jase Farr and Paul Milsom – 40 Punches completed

2nd Mike Cuff and Kevin

3rd Dan and Bert Smith – with 2 broken CVs

4th Pete Mitchell – retd early – track rods and front winch.

5th Martin Stainer – retd early – rear winch