90 Degrees challenge 29th,30th june 1st july

Ever thought they may be for function and not looks or cage strengthening??

No, the thought had not occured

They look very much like those on a dutch competitors car (whose name escapes me) that feature loops for the mid winch rope

No, the thought had not occured

They look very much like those on a dutch competitors car (whose name escapes me) that feature loops for the mid winch rope

We do not run center winches although we do have the capacity to winch to the side as you rightly point out like, Jo Laeven, Remco Van Wardenn and Simon Van Der Weld (Trucks built by Simon Of Elephant Offroad, Holland)

Steve G.

Spot on, roll on roll off cage design allows us to us trees rather than avoid them.

Would post full vehicle build specs but can do without the grief of those that want to pick holes :(

This and it's sister truck will be at Billing please feel free to come and have a chat B)

Jim :)

Sorry that reads like our truckls where built in Holland they where not , They are built by ourslves, but the cage work was done by North Offroad (Top Bloke, Top Job)

Sorry about the confusion :)

Hi Dan,

Event format superb.....

Very fast techincal sections with some old ball stuff................Great :D

Lots of lovely people and plenty of rain and banter in huge volumes.

Car was wonderful, covers the ground well and climbs superb.

Did find one weak point, the A frame :ph34r:

Sheared the Bl**dy thing mid section and then promptly removed the rear propshaft.......... :rolleyes:

Bugger! That ended our chances :lol:

The event format does sound spot on, i seemed to have totally missed all the advertising for the event, a pity really as its quite local for me :(

Hopefully it'll run again next year, or some of the other organizers might take a leaf out of andys book.

Just out of interest were you running the "A" frame in morroco?

Jim,

in your signature it still says .... The twinmotors are coming............ just out of interest - have they arrived yet? It has been long time.....

Are they performing well? Reliable? Will you be showing them at Billing?

Jim,

in your signature it still says .... The twinmotors are coming............ just out of interest - have they arrived yet? It has been long time.....

Are they performing well? Reliable? Will you be showing them at Billing?

the twin motors are already there.... too many out.... :rolleyes:

Jim... what next ??? :D

Dan,

Don't worry 'ole chap, the response to this event has been sooo good that Andy is set to run another in September :D

So get your entry in early i think it will be a lot of fun :D

Zed (Hello Mate)

Sorry, as i do not tend to spend much time on this forum i have not updated my signature :rolleyes:

The twins are going very well with Second and third place in this Australian OBC (Although this event was cut short by bad weather)

Won in Romania and many other places. currently there around 100 units world wide and going strong, very pleased, Thanks for asking :)

Regards

Jim

Alan got twist of piccys or did you shoot the ground again :D

Some video taken with specs on turned out OK. Lost a lead to download it all to my PC so it may take a while :rolleyes:

Do you have an entry form for W.T.I.? Looks good and doable.

• 2 weeks later...