Wheels

A mate of mine is looking for some big offset wheels for his Disco. Hes tried lots of places and only ones he can fine are Mach 5s :ph34r: and you know what I think of them.

But where can he get some? Anything will do before he goes to Tomcat for the Mach 5s.

Paul

Why not get some steel disco rims, grind the middle out and re-weld with the outer rim turned around?

post-130-1183319948_thumb.jpg

post-130-1183319966_thumb.jpg

Dam beat me to it, just what I did and was going to suggest, running 255x85x16 BFG's with no problem, well the arches had to be got at, but steering lock is still good.

Bill

Guest diesel_jim

I didn't do these myself, Bryn Hemming did them, but i think a few folk on here have also done the same thing....

it's a case of grinding the weld off of the middle bit, beating it out with a hammer, then making doubly sure that it's centre and true before you glue it back in with the welder.

I went for reversed disco rims too:

post-260-1183470368_thumb.jpg

I've been really please with them. The main ar*e ache is grinding the welds out of the centres before removing them. I think I spent around half an hour on each one.

If you do a search there's quite a good thread describing the techniques that a few of us have used.