Good Ole Friday 13th.....

V8 Freak

I had a lucky and frustrating day....

Lucky because the 110 passed it's MOT without a hitch....

Frustrating because on the way home the Speedo stopped working and the temp guage went off the scale.... Fans on and no cooling happening.

It's a Land Rover I hear you say.... It does those sort of things...

We are planning to take the 110 to France in a weeks time. It's been running a dream with nothing to do for weeks now and all of a sudden I'm working to a deadline again...

Luckily I have a spare thermostat and planned to change the speedo cable at some point and have the cable in the garage.... Guess I know how Sunday morning will pan out now....

So did you get got by that nice chap called fate ?

Fate dealt me a ****e hand today. I had a field of grass ready for silage last night but decided that since it was only drizzle forecast for today and sun and wind for tomorrow i would leave it and make hay. It has been bucketing down all day and the forecast has been updated to pour with rain tomorrow. Bugger

Well Friday 13th must be good luck for me. I just had a Merc to fix friday morning, and then the rest of the day to myself and the weekend too! I've built a second workbench for heavy things such as engines and gearboxes, also treated myself to a second full set of Halfords professional tools to save my lazy self from having to go to the car every time I needed any tools, and enough sheet/box section/tube steel to show Bish how to build a bridge :D

The new chassis for catflap is now a bit lighter than when I got it due to removal of the front crossmember, O/S engine mount, battery tray, and some of the rear chassis legs (give or take 15mm :unsure: )

Les.

Unlucky for me, a focus decided he wanted to eat my tow bar!! Old guy that could hardly see. The bump felt like i was mounting a curb, his front bumper on the other hand was hanging off!! Oh well out to Brookwells for a new one courteous of the blind OAP.

I wrote off someones rover 45 on the way to work on the morning of Friday 13th.

First accident for many years.

Didn't feel much, but did cost me for a new bumper as the old one had a little bend in it.

Rich

I was in Milan, witnessing some pump tests. Then the journey home....

All went smoothly right up until baggage reclaim in Heathrow. The handlers decided they wanted to have a pay dispute and left us waiting for over an hour. And it only affected my flight!

Other than that, fine.