Anyone fancy a day out in the south west?

scottydo

Just got the new TOR and seen that it had the quantocks as the road book anybody fancy doing it. Im carp at map reading so someone else would have to lead,but i know most of the roads out there.

If you wanted to make a full day of it and finish late could squeeze a few lanes on exmoor into it aswell. But i dont know that area to well so would rely on others recomdations.

Scott

i would be interested, depending on when you are thinking of doing it. more than happy to nav for you.

would have to be a weekend.

what sort of lanes are we talking just Quantocks? i know exmoor pretty well, we could start to pout togther a weekend of it and open up Exmoor as well if interested - maybe early Dec?

im guessing its the drove road that goes from lydeard hill to holford, then a few around bishops lydeard. but im open to going anywere.

would have to be a sunday for me as i have to work most saturdays.

Scott

i would be interested, depending on when you are thinking of doing it. more than happy to nav for you.

would have to be a weekend.

what sort of lanes are we talking just Quantocks? i know exmoor pretty well, we could start to put togther a weekend of it and open up Exmoor as well if interested - maybe early Dec?

yeah i'm up for it too

how about his sunday? girlf away so wouldn't mind getting out and about.

am based in Taunton, so quantocks and bishops lydeard aren't far. Have basic recovery gear like hi-lift etc so could go pretty much anywhere.

Have basic recovery gear like hi-lift etc so could go pretty much anywhere.

Anywhere - excellent news!

cant do this sun off to watch hedleys trial, think scott is as well, why dont you pop along to watch that?

Anywhere - excellent news!

cant do this sun off to watch hedleys trial, think scott is as well, why dont you pop along to watch that?

Hedleys trial? which ones that then? southwest 4x4 trial?

if so i might pop over- what vehicle should i look out for?

Mind if i join in to? i mite passenger with someone if thats ok, 2a is for sale and i dont fancy laning the 110 CSW!

As for what vehicle to watch out for @othery, jus look for the gurt blue thing with 'DE-RANGED' written on the bonnet, 'e can't miss me

Well this all sounds quite promising.

A whole weekend might not work for me- depends on how SWMBO feels about coming or not- but getting onto exmoor should be fun- just remember i have a bog standard rangie on ATs and i'm not an amaing driver so let's not go anywhere too crazy ok!

December is best for me as every weekend in Nov is taken up now- apart from w/end of 29/30 if anyone fancies it? Otherwise first twoo weekends in Dec are good- or Xmas Day! (have to get away from the in-laws somehow :) )

29/30 Nov is tue/wed

i can do 26/27 Nov and 3/4 Dec one day of.

how about everyone else.

tim - if you can make those dates i'll jump in with you if thats OK. if you can't or have passenger then happy to drive and theres a seat there for you Hedley if no one else comes up trumps.

Scott

any further thoughts on this one?

trying not to hijack but 4th Dec seemed a possible Tim, Hedley, any good to you guys?

BishBosh, Pugwash if i remember correctly from Sun you guys were ok for then?

Scott

any further thoughts on this one?

trying not to hijack but 4th Dec seemed a possible Tim, Hedley, any good to you guys?

BishBosh, Pugwash if i remember correctly from Sun you guys were ok for then?

the 4th gets my vote

Ok Guys,,, sounds like its the 4th then !!

Yeah 4th sounds good to me too. Whoever is going to nav- an we not go too extreme- whilst i don't mind scratched and the like i don't really want to dent the car if i can help it. Girlf has to drive to exeter in it every day!

one group would be better although 5 tops it has to be i reckon.

Hedley and I are looking for lifts, anyroom Tim/ Tony for a small one? (and a large one for Hedley to fit all that hair in as well!)

we could meet Lydeard hill car park again same as last time,nice and out of the way.

Mark - who are you doing the 35miler with? how do i get involved? is it a big event?

Quantocks then onto Exmoor sounds good to me, can finsih with some guaranteed good lanes then.

Pugwash - scratches likely would be my guess. how olds your wagon, we dont want the blame for trashing it!!!!

last time tim lost his rear mudguard (not flap) but nice fibre glass guard on the sides (narrow lanes for rangies they seem to be) i jsut dented both doors with some nice rubbings.

ont think we will do the wall entrance one again hey Tim!