Anyone fancy a day out in the south west?

scottydo

Any lane prefrences?

I have a round route that is(was) damage free Last time I drove it.

from the Quantocks we can drive towards Ralieghs cross then off onto the lanes or if we're planning to join the A358 we'll do some others, what time are we heading for Exmoor? So I can draft a route for that bit.

Ok,, Scottydo/hedley ?? you got the Quantock route yet ?? best talk to Tony, where to join up with his route for the Exmoor part

will pm you all the start point & time

So the final group is !! Excellent :)

1 scottydo/ hedley

2 pugwash/Savage

3 TJ101 / JST

4 white90 & Val

Edited by white90

Some bad news in that Tim cant make it tomorrow. some problems at home.

So change of plan.

Hedley/Scott i will make my own way there tomorrow and drive.

Which means theres a seat in mine if anyone is interested and free tomorrow.

Lo all,

Mark (savage) has just popped round for a cuppa to report he can't make it tomorrow- having to work and all that unfortunately. But Kat (my girlf) is going to come as well so it's not too much of a problem.

i am goingt o speak to my next door neighbour who has a very well restored Series 2 LWB, he doesn't mind scratches but wouldn't want to dent anything- is this suitable for him?

where is Lydear car park- anyone got directions or OS map ref? i'll be bringing tow ropes so you lot can drag me out lol (would really really like to not break anything this time please!)

see you all tomorrow

Jim

Scott, Jim, Tony and Tim - thank you for an excellent day. Scott you missed a top afternoon, plus also missed Jims side steps being pulled back into shape off the rear tyre and then, well, just pulled off. - What was that Tim - more control with a Husky than a 8274 or something!

Scott - great routes in the morning, and Jims rangie looks much better without the side steps anyway.

Good to get across to Exmoor and old favourites.

some of the better photos:

facial expresssion says it all:

expression.jpg

Front 3 point linkage is quite impressive then:

3pointfront.jpg

Tony airbourne:

inyougo.jpg

A little help at Bury:

JimStuck.jpg

Thanks for a great day, any takers for another gentle trip out chrsitmas to New year week? date tbc? 27th/29th? or week after>?

was that Tim - more control with a Husky than a 8274 or something!

no,, what i said was MORE Power with a 8274 that a Husky,,

Earlier in the day, White90 had to give the side step a pull forward on Pugs RR via his rear winch, to clear the rear tyre !! after a lane over the Quantocks, which were a little tight for sidesteps,

Also had to give it a another little tug after the last lane of the day !!,, this time with a front 8274, and riped the thing clean off,,,, :( all i did was flick the switch,, honest !! :o ,,

Sorry Pug,,

Thanks guys & Gals,, craking company !!! Just what i needed to take my mind off things :rolleyes:

Top day out guys, thanks for all your help and guidance.

I never liked those side steps anyway!

even the missus said she enjoyed most of it- apart from that first lane of course!

And i would just like to point out that technically "that rangie did go everywhere" :P:D

' Rangie did go everywhere'

on the end of tow rope............

less some cosmetic parts...............plus

and coolant...............

and ATF from the PAS.....................

and side step.......................(although prob count as cosmetic!)

All turned out well in the end after having to rush of.

Glad you liked those lanes, I cant remember that first lane being so washed out on the drivers side.

That lane with the bloody gert wash out looks intresting.

?? 24v 8274 ???HP..

Tony,, when we left you, had to pull the step again!! riped a gret lump of step off !! unless it gets rewelded, not a lot of use on e-blag :lol:

Bowmotor 24V 4.6HP, expertly re-built by me ;);) - That's scared you now hasn't it

Cheers

Steve :)