2007 double cab

its here :D:D:D

picked up to day

must say that gear box is top class and the engine pulls like a essex bird i mean train

only bug no driving lamps can't get them from land rover yet and the rear speaker are mounted under the tent were they would be in a station wagon

Dan EX TD5

post-4260-1185393671_thumb.jpg

post-4260-1185393720_thumb.jpg

Guest dew110CSW
Nice :)

Don't tell anyone but I say goodbye to my TD5 110 XS and say hello to my new 2007 110 XS tomorrow or Friday ;)

Or Saturday or Sunday or January 2049...

I think I worked out why TDCi waiting lists are so long, every bloody company at billing had a couple.

Nice :)

Don't tell anyone but I say goodbye to my TD5 110 XS and say hello to my new 2007 110 XS tomorrow or Friday ;)

Well done Mog, how many is that amongst us now, 7 or 8 ??

Welcome Dan, another black one

Guest dew110CSW

Looks cool in double Cab (Personal Favorite of mine) but I still think it looks like the engine blew and forced the bonnet outwards...

Looks cool in double Cab (Personal Favorite of mine) but I still think it looks like the engine blew and forced the bonnet outwards...

To be honest, i was in two minds re the bonnet to start with,, Now having lived with it for a couple of months, prefer it, and with all the rain, you do not get a screen full of water first time you brake, after setting off :o

thanks all

i started on land rovers at a very early age

i traded my very very shagged td5 for this one i do tent to wear cars out with the type of work i do its not the miles just time spent behind the wheel my last td5 i had 2 set of floor mats and two sets of pedal rubbers in its 28 k life

the gear box and rear drive shaft were planing up when i traded it

pic are my first land rover and my td5

dan ex td5

post-4260-1185399845_thumb.jpg

post-4260-1185400188_thumb.jpg

Guest dew110CSW
To be honest, i was in two minds re the bonnet to start with,, Now having lived with it for a couple of months, prefer it, and with all the rain, you do not get a screen full of water first time you brake, after setting off :o

That's not a problem, it's a quirk. and how hitting a puddle sends all the water straight at the windscreen. One of the reasons me and my Girlfriend love the OneTen so much, it keeps you awake and gives you a laugh!

pic are my first land rover and my td5

dan ex td5

Do you miss the bulkhead vents, or (given the weather and the fact you've only had it 5 minutes) do you think you'll miss the bulkhead vents?

They're one of my favourite things on Series Landys and Defenders.

Guest dew110CSW
They're one of my favourite things on Series Landys and Defenders.

Agreed, and they are very handy for keeping cans of Red Bull and other drinks very cold indeed.

Do you miss the bulkhead vents, or (given the weather and the fact you've only had it 5 minutes) do you think you'll miss the bulkhead vents?

In a word YES,, as with most defender drivers, the window is down most of the time, (elbow room !!) without the vents,can not get ride of the draft so well !!

In a word YES,, as with most defender drivers, the window is down most of the time, (elbow room !!) without the vents,can not get ride of the draft so well !!

I think I commented about how much I missed the vents after I test drove the last one a couple of months back (when we actually had some hot sunshine) and also how narrow I found the draft from the eyeball vents. Are those plastic side window draft protectors going to the the thing for the new Defenders now? :lol:

Are those plastic side window draft protectors going to the the thing for the new Defenders now? :lol:

Quite likely, did have a set on a double cab a few years ago, and they worked well, mines now 2 months old, so thinking of fitting a set !!

Well done Mog, how many is that amongst us now, 7 or 8 ??

Welcome Dan, another black one

Yes, well done, I too like the DC, tangiers orange would have been nice :D

Never having owned or driven one, how long are they in reality, as long as a Discovery?

Guest dew110CSW

Longer as the Disco has a 100" wheelbase and the 110 a 110" ;)

I find mine pretty easy to drive and live with and I drive it every day. Parking I just forward into spaces then back out to make it a lot easier, The extra wheelbase makes them stable and feel more sure-footed.