90 vs 110 - serious questions needing serious answers

The reasons why I wouldnt have a 90 over a 110. ht

1) can get 6x3 plaster board sheets to lay flat on the floor

2) can get 8x4 sheets of mdf on the roof rack

3) can get a complete Ikea kitchen inside the thing (terreaced house size) and 3 worktops on the roof then go back next

day for the appliances,

4) can sleep in the back when I get Bin bagged

5) better looking than a 90, and always look expedition worthy

6) most important of all I do a lot of cycling, I just open the back door and push it in, using bungies for bracing, I can get 3 completebikes inside without even taking a wheel off, along with 3 peoples weekend kit and two passengers.

Pesonally I wouldnt get a TD for all the reasons stated. You will be investing a reasonable sum in a vehicle that you will presumably keep for a very long time a treasure, so DONT BUY A DOG! remember a a dog is for life. If you buy a duff'n you'll be sorry. As western says be patient, you'll know it when you see it. You wouldnt buy a carp house, choose wisely, dealers are dearer but you get the warranty! The very best of luck! and do let us see wat u buy. cheers stumpy

Not everybody.

Some of us do know the difference in trim levels.

Do you honestly think that the trim level is a good point in a vehicle that old. That is of course if it isn't worn out. The trim I mean. :rolleyes:

Apart from the wheel spats, Mine looks County,especially on the inside and with the tinted windows.

mike

The reasons why I wouldnt have a 90 over a 110. ht

1) can get 6x3 plaster board sheets to lay flat on the floor

2) can get 8x4 sheets of mdf on the roof rack

3) can get a complete Ikea kitchen inside the thing (terreaced house size) and 3 worktops on the roof then go back next

day for the appliances,

4) can sleep in the back when I get Bin bagged

5) better looking than a 90, and always look expedition worthy

6) most important of all I do a lot of cycling, I just open the back door and push it in, using bungies for bracing, I can get 3 completebikes inside without even taking a wheel off, along with 3 peoples weekend kit and two passengers.

Pesonally I wouldnt get a TD for all the reasons stated. You will be investing a reasonable sum in a vehicle that you will presumably keep for a very long time a treasure, so DONT BUY A DOG! remember a a dog is for life. If you buy a duff'n you'll be sorry. As western says be patient, you'll know it when you see it. You wouldnt buy a carp house, choose wisely, dealers are dearer but you get the warranty! The very best of luck! and do let us see wat u buy. cheers stumpy

Thanks Stumpy.

We'll see what turns up, but i think we're going to have to wait a while and inflate our budget somewhat first.

I'll borrow my Mum's Corsa until we find one!

Patience does pay off. Took us about 2 months before we got our 110 (Francesca in members vehicles). Partly because I was being picky, OH told me off a few times for wanting the impossible! :ph34r::D Main thing is be prepared to travel and keep clear in your mind what you are after. At the moment 110 CSW seem to be in demand and sellers want a lot of money for them. I would say that a 200tdi is going to set you back around the £4k mark for a good one. We were lucky and got our 110 for £3.2k but it does need tidying inside etc.... Will let you know if I hear of anything suitable.

Ed

Will let you know if I hear of anything suitable.

Ed

Thanks very much Ed, that's good of you.

I sold my 110, which was a 200Tdi CSW, just over a year ago for £3,850.

It was almost mint with lots of extras as well as brand new wheels and tyres. It seems that looking around now the same money is getting you a lot less!

I'd be more than happy with one of the ex-utility 110s, the ones with 5 doors and two rows of seats but then van sides in the back. Not bothered if it's a bit of a shed, doing it up is part of the fun.

MountainRescue170875Rear.jpg

This would be perfect, but we haven't got the money at the mo.

post-1003-1186130122_thumb.jpg

I know your not in a position to get a 300Tdi, but will be putting this one up for sale next week when get the air con charged...

Genuine CSW spec, 85k, been in the family since new (its nov 95 but a 96MY), it was used in Spain by my brother he bought it back once a year for MOT and tax, but been sat in Madrid for five years following a marriage split, refurbished seats, AC, just spent past few months servicing, and fettling..loads of time and ££ spent in getting it to showroom standard.

They seem to be going for around the 8k mark, and as this is such an excellent rust free example cannot see any reason why this should get at least this.

post-1003-1186130407_thumb.jpg

post-1003-1186130776_thumb.jpg

Just a thought;

How much effort is it to convert to a Tdi?

My research shows me that there are some bargains to be had that are V8 powered with quite low mileages. Maybe it would be just as cost effective for me to get a 110 V8 and then put a Tdi in?

Just thinking out loud...

Just a thought;

My research shows me that there are some bargains to be had that are V8 powered with quite low mileages. Maybe it would be just as cost effective for me to get a 110 V8 and then put gas in?

Just a thought;

My research shows me that there are some bargains to be had that are V8 powered with quite low mileages. Maybe it would be just as cost effective for me to get a 110 V8 and then put a Tdi in?

work out the costs first, vehicle, then Tdi engine/gearbox/transfer box, fuel lines for spill return to tank, all the parts associated with a Tdi engine [fuel filter/rad/intercooler/exhaust system/air intake/air filter] & then obtain all the above bits before you start the swap.

probably much easier to find a factory built 110 Tdi.

just check ebay for finished 300Tdi engine auction to get a feel for what they go for. reckon a V8 to Tdi swap will cost as much as you have available to spend on a genuine 200Tdi.

Ebay is a bit thin on the ground for 110's at the mo, unless you're looking at Td5 and big money ones.

Like a wise man said, "be patient" is going to be my buzz word!

Guest dew110CSW

Noticed that myself too - Also interested in 300tdi as you know and they do seem uncommon in CSW form - Luckily I'm not as picky and would really happily own another TD if funds allowed. Mines great.

Patience is a virtue when buying a car, one I forgot when it came to mine (Bought the first one I looked at), but I got luckily and got a nice solid truck out of it, May not be so lucky every time so it's worth keeping your eyes open and using the fountain of knowledge here (Not just you Ralph! :lol:)

Keep at it, sure you'll find a truck you like eventually.

Keep at it, sure you'll find a truck you like eventually.

Found loads i like mate, bugger all i can afford though!

Emailed one chap who had a TD on a 'G' that didn't hit its reserve but he'd just done a deal at £1750.

Feck! :angry:

I meant for completed 300Tdi Engine auctions not complete vehicles :rolleyes:

Aaaaahhh... that would make more sense i guess! :blush:

Ok let me rephrase, A truck that fits as many of your needs as possible :)

Yeah, i know what you meant mate. :)

My Rangey just left for its new home in Brecon :( :(

Found this on ebay, might have a dabble

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=006

72d2_3.JPG

Also, we've had a look at some early 90s that are around the £1000-1500 mark. Might do the job short term and at least we can resell it for pretty much the same once we can afford a 110.