2007 Model Defender Head count ?

Sorry BigSi! ;)

I had been looking for a set of 18's that bolt directly to the 90 axles for ages. I had D2 Comets on the TD5 before with adapters and the steering was grim...

JSG - The limiter can only be done by Testbook or IDS when in PDI mode so we are developing a way round it. It's a clever bugger, they certaily meant business when they decided it was to be limited. We have found a way round it but I am still not happy it is ready for sale as a product as yet. With the limiter off the car will happily and quietly cruise at 90mph at around 2900rpm in 6th, hitting well over 100 if pushed.

We think that the true reason for the limiter is to keep it within new emmissions levels.

JSG - The limiter can only be done by Testbook or IDS when in PDI mode so we are developing a way round it. It's a clever bugger, they certaily meant business when they decided it was to be limited. We have found a way round it but I am still not happy it is ready for sale as a product as yet. With the limiter off the car will happily and quietly cruise at 90mph at around 2900rpm in 6th, hitting well over 100 if pushed.

We think that the true reason for the limiter is to keep it within new emmissions levels.

Thanks for that Andy, I look forward to hearing how you get on with it as a product. :)

Is it just me....but I just cant seem to get on with these new ones?

Satnav & DVD on board??? WTF?

I looked at one at my local dealership, and i just think the gap between D3 & Defender is closing too much for my tastes......I mean, a Defender that actually looks posh inside isnt right to me.

Sorry guys, dont mean to rain on your parades, im sure they are lovely to drive, and they look sort of ok (ish)....but its just not right for me.

But congratulations on your purchases, and enjoy!!

Err no, not on a Defender. You get a CD player but not Satnav or DVD.

You haven't been looking at a Freebie or Range Rover by mistake have you?

John,, Think he is on about the none factory sat-nav, fitted to mine, ??

Which over the last 48 hours has proved its wait in gold !!, delivering 20 + ton of bottled watter and other supplied in and around Gloucester, tap in the post code, and job done, saves hours !!

Is it just me....but I just cant seem to get on with these new ones?

? Why, improvement all round !! what do you find wrong, ??

Satnav & DVD on board??? WTF?

See post above, Maps belong to the last century !!!

I looked at one at my local dealership, and i just think the gap between D3 & Defender is closing too much for my tastes......I mean, a Defender that actually looks posh inside isnt right to me.

So use a base model,, how are D3 and Defender close :unsure: ? price wise, two different markets, a D3 is no use for the job the Defender get put to ,

But congratulations on your purchases, and enjoy!!

Thanks I am :D

John,, Think he is on about the none factory sat-nav, fitted to mine, ??

Ah right Tim, I see.

I use a Tom Tom in mine which is great - however I use it in the Hybrid as well so he'd get even more bent out shape with sat-nav in a 1964 SIIA :D Come to think of it my youngest has used the protable DVD player and his Nintendo in there as well so thats DVD and Games consoles in a SIIA - whatever next.

Can't stop progress - and I wouldn't want to. The Defender is still a different class to the D3 IMHO.

Perhaps some people need to take the green tinted glasses off.

The Defender is still a different class to the D3 IMHO.

Here-Here, A D3 will not do the work i required from a vehicle !! forgetting the reliability issues :o

ie take the boat's mainsail full length, with out folding, would not get 16 wheels/tyres on the roof, take a 3 meter awning on the side, ete, etc

I like that colour - it seems like a proper Landrover colour.

It certainly seems to be a "marmite" colour. I like it, plus £475 cheaper than the metallics. We've been bold and ordered a number in this colour.

Mark.

I like that colour - it seems like a proper Landrover colour.

I don't. It looks like either somebody made a mistake when they were mixing real green, or they just painted it with primer and forgot the top coat!

I don't. It looks like either somebody made a mistake when they were mixing real green, or they just painted it with primer and forgot the top coat!

I agrre, doesn't look right. more like the duck egg green that used to be the interior colour on military vehicles in the late 70's.

It certainly seems to be a "marmite" colour. I like it, plus £475 cheaper than the metallics. We've been bold and ordered a number in this colour.

Mark.

Sorry, Mark, as you say a "marmite" colour,, certainly not for me

I agrre, doesn't look right. more like the duck egg green that used to be the interior colour on military vehicles in the late 70's.
I orderded mine in keswick green and changed to stornaway grey just in time after seeing 90 at LRW show it doesent look grey or green , i think i made the right coice :):)

Guest dew110CSW

Hmm seems to be a very debatable choice - Personally I think it looks really good. Seems to fit the Debtfinder somehow (Might even make me forget about the hump in the bonnet!)