superb timing....

Mark

It would appear that my disco dosn't want to go playing on the plain this weekend as it chose tonight to let it's power steering fluid out. :(

So can someone tell me the part number of the pipe from the power steering pump to the steering box as it seems to have worn through against the pipe from the reservoir...

It is a 1991 200TDI disco...

unless I can get a new one tomorrow, and fit it tommorrow night then treasure hunting could be difficult.... Grrr... :( :(

Mark

It would appear that my disco dosn't want to go playing on the plain this weekend as it chose tonight to let it's power steering fluid out. :(

So can someone tell me the part number of the pipe from the power steering pump to the steering box as it seems to have worn through against the pipe from the reservoir...

unless I can get a new one tomorrow, and fit it tommorrow night then treasure hunting could be difficult.... Grrr... :( :(

Mark

Why not just go to hydraquip or similar and get them to replace the tube? The ends at least will be the same as a defender or a later RR - so we should be able to cobble something together.

Si

Wot he said - just wander into the nearest Hyphose / Pirtek and have them make you up a new hose. I got two PAS hoses done for £25 last time. I think, if you're desperate, there is a Hose Doctor service 24/7 who will come out and do similar. May cost a few quid but depends how important it is and what the price of a new "proper" hose is.

Guest diesel_jim

funnily enough, my 200Tdi 90 did that years ago. i managed to kick up a fuss at my stealership and got it under warranty as a "Design fault"

Depends on VIN...

post-130-1187246702_thumb.jpg

Replaced feed and return on my 200TDi Disco last year when one burst on me but haven't got the P/N's to hand :(

At the time I got them over the counter at Brooklyn4x4 so there's a every chance you can find someone local to you with one in stock today and fit it tonight/tomorrow.

Jim, 200 Disco will be pre LA if that helps you get Mark a P/N.

Having found the fault at about 11 last night, I was not inclined to pull the pipe off in order to get it fixed today, however, the local stealers in Guildford have one on the shelf with my name on it! Should get them swapped over tonight so all is go again for saturday :)

As ever, the problem is not insurmountable, it just always happens at the point of maximum inconvieience...

I hope it wasn't down to pulling really heavy trailers unsure.gif

Nah, it was due to it rubbing on the pipe from the reservoir - One of them is wrapped in spriawrap, and the other one isn't - guess which one wore through??? seems like a design fault to me <_<

The new one is going to get wrapped in spriawrap too, so they should then just slide over each other.