TAY FOREST AFTERMATH

saley

But a winch pull up the widow maker would be interesting ??

Got some piccys of that if you like :(

Yes Please Pete , I did hear once that a lad in a series tried driving down it once ................................................................................

..............................................He was airlifted to hospital .

The best format in our opinion when we looked into this........

30 teams broken down in to groups of 5, using six sites over three days................

Now were talking........

Just need enough on each site to occupy 5 cars for 4 hours and allow 1hr, say between 12 and 1pm for swapping sites.

Sections start at the time laid down at the beginning of the event, if your late due to losing your way or breakages, tough.

This gives 8 hours offroading for three days for thirty teams..........

Just need 6 reasonable sites and some good ideas, trying very hard not to over do the hunt the punch........ :)

Just an idea

Jim

Ps: Giving an hour window between sites allows the use of sites many miles from each other. Iyt's how you set up the 'round robin' that is important.

Jim, if people were prepared to do a longer transit at the end of the day you copuld almost end up with an event covering a large proportion of the country. Personally I think it'd be great the problem would be getting someone to organize it (and for me personally to finish a vehicle so I could compete!)

eg 2 sites in the SE, 2 in the sort of Dorset area and 2 in the SW. The transit section between the SW and SE woud be a bit of a b*gger but you'd have one hell of an event. I'm sure clubs in the differant area would be prepared to help setup and marshal although someone would have to oversee the whole thing. I guess annother option could well be sites over the Midlands and Wales.

Jim, if people were prepared to do a longer transit at the end of the day you copuld almost end up with an event covering a large proportion of the country. Personally I think it'd be great the problem would be getting someone to organize it (and for me personally to finish a vehicle so I could compete!)

eg 2 sites in the SE, 2 in the sort of Dorset area and 2 in the SW. The transit section between the SW and SE woud be a bit of a b*gger but you'd have one hell of an event. I'm sure clubs in the differant area would be prepared to help setup and marshal although someone would have to oversee the whole thing. I guess annother option could well be sites over the Midlands and Wales.

I would not like to take my challenge truck on the road for more than and hour at a time, I would be deaf, freezing, shaken and stirred and just a little freaked. ;) Having said that , it does corner well now :rolleyes:

Is that done on a ground anchor Pete?

F**K that again my footwell still smells of S**T from that experience :(Got about 40ft from the top where it goes vertical lifted the front wheels up & bottled :(

Landed blew a tyre of the rim & stalled it :huh: Pupper then took over B)

After that i got bead locks & took of the carbs & turbo & promised neve to try the Widow maker again :)

That Hill is a must for "walk it first" from the bottom it looks a piece of tiddle fom the top it always snows :lol:

I defy anyone to drive that 40ft from the fence line unless they are from Iceland !!