Mystery Door locks

redben101

First off sorry to the mods but i need answers super quick.

I have a pair of lift up handle doors which have winding windows which i need the lock assembly and barrel locks for.

The problem is after talking to 4x4Store Exeter and Brookwells it seems Land Rover dont make or sell the assemblies or barrels any more.

I cant fit series 3 door handles as the glass gets in the way :(

Anybody got some desperately needed lock assemblies with barrels and keys that i can buy?

Or any ideas as to get around this problem?

Many thanks

ben

Below are two photos showing the actual lock assembly and then the bit that goes onto the end of the lock barrel.

post-757-1191428350_thumb.jpg

The photo doesnt show it very well but the glass comes up behind the lock assembly and there is only a small gap, which after measuring looks to small to fit a series 3 lock behind.

post-757-1191428401_thumb.jpg

fit series door locks, buy barrel locks and drill and fit them then remove the inner handle so it doesn't catch the glass and open the window to let yourself out!

Wouldn't that be an MOT failure. Not being able to open the vehicle from the inside?

I've got a B-plate Ninety, lift-up handles and windy windows and someone screwdrivered the locks in Bristol about three years ago. Pete at Christian Autos in Kingswood had barrels on the shelf so I took the opportunity to make both front doors use the same key. He's on 0117 960 1443 and he's quite happy to mail order.