bing!

Exmoor Beast

At least yours was natural causes, I dropped my light when emptying the water out today. So now the trucks off the road as I have no spare :(

Why can't I resist the ford near me, every time I have to empty the lights, I might go back to sealed beams and see if they are as bad as I remember.

feeling really clumsy today.....

At least yours was natural causes, I dropped my light when emptying the water out today. So now the trucks off the road as I have no spare :(

Why can't I resist the ford near me, every time I have to empty the lights, I might go back to sealed beams and see if they are as bad as I remember.

feeling really clumsy today.....

I can help you jolt your memory - I hava pair free if you collect. (and yes, they are bad - you could improve on them a bit if switched through a relay).

Are you driving through with the headlamps on? I'd expect them to go pop if they contact cold water :o you should try it to see what happens. (can't see why it is that difficult to seal them)

I can confirm that if the water splashes the bulb pops. I found this out while driving my S3 down a dark green lane on the way home (it's a short cut) as first one and then the other went out. :)

Took a few moment for me to realise that the water sitting happily at the bottom of the lens had been bashed around and hit the hot bulb on the bumps. It was the same ford I'd been through as well, will I never learn?

I just dropped the whole headlamp unit as I was refitting it, it didn't bounce on the garage floor.....

On top of finding that a 3 month old bearing has gone duff (I blame the sand at Long moor training ground) and that both swivels have play in them a broken headlamp was just annoying.

My truck has been sent to bankrupt me :(

It was a lot more than £3!

I bought 2 new Bosch bulbs for the driving lamp bits.

Honestly it costs a fortune to run these Range Rover things!

Will :)

Hi Will

Next time we meet up I'll give you a couple of spares along with the workshop Manual. Never had a problem on any of my P38's with bulb's, just have a couple of spare from when Overfinch fitted the Xenons. I also have a couple of spare air bag bladders if you want them.

Cheers

Steve

sounds like I owe you a pint or two Steve ;)

I love the RR, anyone who thinks the P38a is unworthy of the RR name has obviously never driven a V8 one, its a great car. Unfortunately Lucy hates it, it feels huge compared to the Discovery and she feels unsafe driving it at speed (hasn't got the sense to slow down a bit... women, tut)

sounds like I owe you a pint or two Steve ;)

I love the RR, anyone who thinks the P38a is unworthy of the RR name has obviously never driven a V8 one, its a great car. Unfortunately Lucy hates it, it feels huge compared to the Discovery and she feels unsafe driving it at speed (hasn't got the sense to slow down a bit... women, tut)

The roll is unsettling to most, but actually it out handles a standard Discovery,even one with ACE. Just that the Disco's especially ACE equipped feel stiffer.

If you want to stiffen the handling a bit to make it more traditional, you can fit Bilstein shocks when they are due for a change. As for shocks apart from Bilsteins I wouldn't bother with any other gas ones as most of them screw up handling. Go for OEM or boge (who makes them) if you want standard ride. You could check your bushes, these might be worn,and changing these out stiffens it up too.

They are a great Range Rover, the electrical and air suspension faults are overrated and always easily fixed. Visit for www.rangerovers.net info its a very good site.

Cheers

Steve