AWDC Challenge Round 7

Divster

what restrictions have been brought in then :(

Restricted camping area, new entrance & exit, restricted parking, Rubi-Tong closed :angry:

All because some rich NIMBY bought the big house by the gate and doesn't like an activity which has been going on for 20 years :angry: :angry:

thanks for the grid ref. ive not been to this site before can enybody tell me if its a good spectator site.

as wrexham is a tad far to come from if its not.

cheeres kev

i watched the clubman here and it was very entertaining

so this should be even better

Neil what is the Rubi-tong,

and whats a NIMBY

Gaf Lad - yes it is a good spectator site with good quality tracks right around the site

Saley - The Rubi-Tong was/is a huge man-made rock crawl area built to replicate the Rubicon Trail in California, but because its in sight/sound range of Mr Nimby it can't be used anymore

....but because its in sight/sound range of Mr Nimby it can't be used anymore

This must be a seriously influential bod, to be able to influence the local planning authority, especially as the site was there before NIMBY!!

Some arrogant city bod no doubt, same sort that complain about cockerels and the smells of farmyards!!

The knob who has caused all the trouble is a senior barrister at the High courts in London. Hence the council wet themselves when he began his legal action.

To straighten up a few points.

The entrance to tong from the main road is the same (just after the hotel. left hand side of road). However you must turn immediately left and follow the track which will lead you to the parking area. We have to turn left as knob heads house is immediately to the right!

There is a catering wagon doing breakfasts from 7.30am on Sunday and staying all day, so it is just Saturday night that you need to cater for yourselves. I for one will be eating at the local pub whilst hopefully watching England beat the froggies into submission.

I believe we might be able to have a fire, after all its not like theres a lack of wood!

Spectators are more than welcome. The site is compact so you dont have to walk miles to see the action. We have been playing a bit this week and I guarantee that no one will get all the punches!

See you all at the weekend!

BB...

Another fantastic event, tough sections with plenty of winching. Thanks to Parkwood Offroad Centre for a superb venue, The sections were well laid out by the marshalls and I certainly had a great day of offroading. Rob Jones and John Hall winning yet again.

Good event,

er did we not tell the burger man that it may be muddy :o

I think it was more to do with the STEEP track that led down to the car park that might have made things fall off the shelves in the trailer.

FFS it appears I drove most of the way there with 3 wheels on my 4 wheel trailer :o

I think it was more to do with the STEEP track that led down to the car park that might have made things fall off the shelves in the trailer.

FFS it appears I drove most of the way there with 3 wheels on my 4 wheel trailer :o

at least you got there?

how many wheels did you have when you got back?

5hrs to get home M1 problems so by passed that then M25 problems by passed that... not our year for getting a nice run home :angry::angry:

what a fantastic site hope we get to use it again :D

big thanks to all @ NCGL for all the hard work and some fantastic sections and a super quick collection of all the gear @ the end hats off to ya.

Andy

Yes, well done to all. A very good, BUT hard event. Thanks to all the marshals for setting up & helping during the day.

I do have one question, can anybody help? There was a bloke walking around the site with a big camera & he had his own business as a photographer. I did tell him to come & see me in the pits to get his name & web address, but as you can guess I never saw him again after the finish. Can anybody help?

Cheers again to everybody.

Taff