AWDC Challenge Round 7

Divster

Come on then, who's going to Tong?

I'll be there with my usual co-driver now that the NHS has fixed him. A few little bits to do on the truck before Sunday, but nothing to panic about.

Ill be there, Jez is bringing back some new HD front shafts from finland tonight so i wont bother trying to weld up a broken half shaft :rolleyes:

Still got to change all the oils after the 5ft deep watery hole at Kirton swallowed my truck :huh: Dont think much got in but its better to be on the safe side.

Don't worry guys, you're not the only ones...

a bumper crop of 33 willing victims for the first, and possibly last time at Tong :o :o

Number Driver Co-Driver Vehicle Class

2 Richard Nicolson Nik Tall Land Rover 90 2

3 Robert Jones John Hall Land Rover 90 2

4 Steve Lait Nick Slade Suzuki SJ413 LWD 2

7 Adrian Turner Richard Weatherly Land Rover 90 2

8 John Sales Carl Hurst Land Rover Hybrid 2

9 John Fair Tracey Harrold Land Rover Discovery 2

13 Sue Gawne Kevin Moss Range Rover Bobtail 3

16 Steve Jeffries Suzuki Samurai 2

17 Carwyn Henry Mark Pinchen Suzuki Samurai 3

18 Glynn Yates Barrie Gee Land Rover 90 2

20 Chris Ould Simon Roberts Land Rover Tomcat 2

25 Chris Abel Tom Butler Range Rover 2

30 Alan Kemp Daffyd Belton Land Rover 90 2

33 Dave Stokes Simon Wilkinson Land Rover 90 2

35 Elwyn Griffiths Ryan Gethin Land Rover 90 3

39 Dave Mason Trev Tatler Land Rover Hybrid 3

41 Gary Zoller Paul Orchard Land Rover 90 2

42 David Crossman Mick Trett Land Rover Discovery 2

44 Andrew Robinson Pete Robinson Land Rover 90 3

51 Jonathan Wood John Pickles Suzuki Jimny 3

59 Wesley Beynon Steve Beynon Suzuki SJ 410 3

63 Pete Crossman Andy Saxton Land Rover 2

66 Zoltan Guzi Lee Marchant Land Rover 90 2

68 Chris Booth Thomas Booth Land Rover Hybrid 2

71 Nicolas Bolt Chris Bolt Toyota Landcruiser 3

76 Dave Kirby Anthony Kirby Land Rover Discovery 3

77 Jonathan Jacques Jeep CJ-7 1

79 Ian Corfield Emma Corfield Land Rover 90 3

83 Gareth Robinson Andrew Mason Land Rover 3

89 Stephen Vine Shane Frood Land Rover 3

90 Eric Toyne James Toyne Land Rover 90 2

91 Chris Berryman Lee Marchant Land Rover 90 2

93 Graham Finch Simon Lee Suzuki Jimny 2

Ill be there, Jez is bringing back some new HD front shafts from finland tonight so i wont bother trying to weld up a broken half shaft :rolleyes:

Still got to change all the oils after the 5ft deep watery hole at Kirton swallowed my truck :huh: Dont think much got in but its better to be on the safe side.

We will be there also. Chris, I took 7 litres of water out of my front axle, the oil was floating on top and did not mix??. I need to bung up the hole where the locker passes through the housing.

My front, right CV is snapped and left the stub in the gear, 20 ton press was the only thing that would shift it. Luckily I have a spare. The one that broke was bought as a second hand spare so may have been abused in the past. When it broke, it was not under any great strain!

What happened to the shafts from the co with the yellow web site?

Please excuse the intrusion gentlemen, but I happen to recognise a name or four from my 'old' pastime.

Might I ask whereabouts is the weekend trial being held? More importantly, are spectators allowed to just wander in over the course of the weekend, or is that generally discouraged.

Might be fun to pop down and say hello?

We will be there also. Chris, I took 7 litres of water out of my front axle, the oil was floating on top and did not mix??. I need to bung up the hole where the locker passes through the housing.

My front, right CV is snapped and left the stub in the gear, 20 ton press was the only thing that would shift it. Luckily I have a spare. The one that broke was bought as a second hand spare so may have been abused in the past. When it broke, it was not under any great strain!

What happened to the shafts from the co with the yellow web site?

I only managed to get one right shaft from the yellow website, he's got some second hand CV's ;) But he might get some more in again soon.

My front axle only had a tiny bit of water get in, I put a grease nipple on the of pipe were the locker actuator passes through, that seemed to keep the water out :)

33 Dave Stokes Simon Wilkinson Land Rover 90 2

I thought Dave sold his truck?

I know who my money is on :)

Here, let me relieve you of that... :lol: :lol:

Any discrepancies in the entry list are down to teams not notifying me of changes, appears my crystal ball isn't what it used to be :rolleyes:

Here, let me relieve you of that... :lol: :lol:

Okay Neil, your on,

I bet you the entry fee for one round of the AWDC series next year that Car 77 (should it compete) comes in top

If I win, I get a free entry to the event of my choosing, if you win I pay for myself and supply a load of beer for around the camp fire, sound okay? :)

Okay Neil, your on,

I bet you the entry fee for one round of the AWDC series next year that Car 77 (should it compete) comes in top

If I win, I get a free entry to the event of my choosing, if you win I pay for myself and supply a load of beer for around the camp fire, sound okay? :)

OK you're on :D :D

No pressure then Johnny :P