BF goodrich commercial T/A Traction

Theo disco

Forget them! we used to have Trac Edge on a works pick up, a fantastic tyre they wore out so we had Commercial Traction's fitted and they were bloody useless offroad they lasted a month before we took it back and had Mud Terrains fitted, Exactly the same handling characteristics as the trac edge.

General's are ok but they are a different compound and won't return the same milage compared to BFG's but I bet they are cheaper so Its a matter of choice.

General's are ok but they are a different compound and won't return the same milage compared to BFG's but I bet they are cheaper so Its a matter of choice.

So far the wear rates look pretty good here but it is early days yet. I get about 25k miles out of a set of BFG AT's on our roads here on my Discovery 2, which would probably frighten most people running them on tarmac all the time :) if got 15k to 20k out of a set of AT2s then I would be happy.

The AT2s are about £20 a corner cheaper at what we are selling them for, which is more than UK prices due to freight, but presumably the difference is much the same over there. One thing that is not in doubt is that the AT2 tyre carcass is really, really strong - as good as or possibly better than BFGs and certainly better than most others. It does very well in the "poke an uninflated tyre with your foot test" which is usually a good indication of strength :)

So far the wear rates look pretty good here but it is early days yet. I get about 25k miles out of a set of BFG AT's on our roads here on my Discovery 2, which would probably frighten most people running them on tarmac all the time :) if got 15k to 20k out of a set of AT2s then I would be happy.

The AT2s are about £20 a corner cheaper at what we are selling them for, which is more than UK prices due to freight, but presumably the difference is much the same over there. One thing that is not in doubt is that the AT2 tyre carcass is really, really strong - as good as or possibly better than BFGs and certainly better than most others. It does very well in the "poke an uninflated tyre with your foot test" which is usually a good indication of strength :)

I was just going on experiance we regularly get 60,000+ from BFG's with 50/50 road/site work. We have struggled to get 35,000 out of general's but it depends on loads of factors I suppose.

I was just going on experiance we regularly get 60,000+ from BFG's with 50/50 road/site work. We have struggled to get 35,000 out of general's but it depends on loads of factors I suppose.

Your experience is greater than mine then :)