Wellington DRDs for Dec

JST

not in the post today Mark but i got Jo phone call, i take it you understand the late payment scheme.

on a different note got my heater working properly at last - thankfully its cold up there!!!

See you all tomorrow 1015 for 1030 start.

Your nothing but a big girl! Throw them door tops away and turn the heater off is the only real way to enjoy a landrover :D :D :D :D :D

That is serendipitous Tim. :) See you tomorrow. I will bring some kettle.

Chris

"serendipitous" now i bet that took more than a couple of go's with the spell checker :lol: not heard that in a long while

for info serendipitous = lucky in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries

Just got back home after a great day out, many thanks to James for organising, and all the helpful advice from the various other people who all know *FAR* more than me.

I did far more than I expected to be honest, with the Rangie being surrounded by six 90's... I felt a bit outnumbered, but they are all Land Rover at the end of the day :)

Only one minor issue, after following Tim down after one of the long drops.... I manged to do this on a conveniently placed tree stump:

damper.jpg

No wonder I had steering problems! :lol: Made it back OK though.

One photo, which was a bit of an accident, but considering it was taken during the daytime it looks quite interesting:

3_90s.jpg

Once again, thanks for the great day, hopefully see you all again soon!

Peter.

now i see where the problem came from......

:lol: very funny ,,,, Not :P

As you lot were parked on the easy slope down, at the split, and a Rangie was coming down the top bit, though it best to make some space, so took the the right lane drop, followed by Bowie :)

Steady hey Peter you may get caught out next time!

Just to say i am glad that you all enjoyed the day, its a good way to get some miles under the wheels on the trucks and as Peter says maybe do stuff that you wouldn't normally drive. always plenty of advice and help on hand, thank you Tim and others, its very much appreciated, just dont follow Tim off the beaten trail!! you see what happens above.

I got stuck a couple of times, which is always good, normally i manage it on the recces and get away with it on the day but not today it was little slippy underfoot thats my excuse anyway - carp driving is the other!

i have to say it (Jo will kill me if i don't) but well done to Walfy who drove an excellent section today. in fact its the first vehicle i have seen drive it in one. its the section in the pic on my post above. it was nice to see and he made it look effortless, in fact i would even be impressed if he had not done it accidentally - it certainly wasn't anything else!

I don't have many pics so if people have some good ones (Weeble - courtesy of David) and would like to email them across that would be great.

good to meet you Peter and Phillip and Steve - long time no see, glad to see the 90 looking good Steve shame you codriver didn't look after you today!!!

Haha yeah, I did get caught out again and again and again..... I am sure..... but that's the only way to learn :)

edited as required.....>!!!

only joking

you had an excellent drive today, i would be pleased with myself.

Haha ya git..... :)

I am happy with the drive definately, learnt heaps, really pleased, excellent type of event :)

Now all I need to do is re-locate my 2 rear springs and fix the steering, oh and the nasty, nasty vibration from the front :(

From there.... uprated steering bar and relocate the damper somehow, and will probably fabricate some dislocation devices for the rear.... oh.... I see now how people end up spending so much money on these damn things :P

Edited the '3_90s' pic for contrast and exposure :)

*edit* It's not completely standard, it has a 2" lift..... otherwise the tyres rub :) but I spose that just means I have 2 dislocated springs at the end of the event....... :(

glad to see the 90 looking good Steve shame you codriver didn't look after you today!!!

He did, it was the driver that was the issue :rolleyes::rolleyes: . A few I remember

Co-driver - "Mind that tree" - BANG

Driver "oh that tree"

Co-driver - "if we go straight on that branch is going to.."

Driver "oh well" - CRUNCH, SCREECH

Thanks again for arranging the day James, and thanks to Chris for co-driving/winch bitching and cups of tea :) .

I must get round to putting a bonnet net as the EP9 is really slow in paying out or freespool :rolleyes:

Cheers

Steve

Finally back to the pc after a cracking weekend's playing !

Thanks James for organising a great day out, despite Walfy's attempts to trash my car with his old line - ' yeah course you can drive it, I did' - my fault, I should know better by now.

The wing banged back out with no problems thanks to mr lump hammer and his friends :P :P

Anyone with any photos, please pm me, as I was a little too stuck in the truck to take my own !