Series Tyres for off-roading

sotal

i think disco steelies look really nice on a series,

and they have a slight bit more offset than series rims, but only enough to account for the extra width of the rim so they wont stick out from your wings and therefore you dont need any arch extensions.

plus they are a tubeless rim, so buying tubeless tyres will work better all round.

you can fit 265/75 tyres on a disco 7" rim, but thats pretty wide for a series and you WILL lose turning lock with them fitted.

stick with 7.50x16 or 235/85 on disco steels and you wont go far wrong.

I reckon for a Series Land Rover, the best looking, and performing tyre in mud and off road conditions, is the good old General SAG in 750 x 16. Looks really good on the vehicle, fits perfectly, speedo will be correct (on a LWB), and they are great in mud.

OK, so road manners leave a bit to be desired, but they do produce the classic 'Land Rover Howl' at at anything over 30 :D

Here is a piccy of mine on the SAGS

Betsy%20new%20springs%20002.jpg

OK, so road manners leave a bit to be desired, but they do produce the classic 'Land Rover Howl' at at anything over 30 :D

Er..........understatement!!!! They're fecking LETHAL in the wet!!!!!!

And they howl worse than simex do.........have to say I would never go back to them.......

Jon

I would suggest BF Goodridge mud terains. 31" 10.5's. Bloody good tyres old chap. No cutting required, good off road performance. Long lasting even on tar. I'm running 33" 12.5's but had to cut my fenders. ( I also stripped a crown wheel and the first gear on my gearbox.) Next vehicle 35" 14.5's. Only one constant here BF GOODRIDGE MUD TERRAINS

?? Then you are not running a series,

my series looked great on BF Trac edge, and it beet the **** out of anything off road, though i suppose its how you drive it..........