Steering Guard

Francisco-Rey

Hi from Portugal again

I'm pretending to make a Steering Guard for my Discovery I - 300Tdi, is it possible that some one tell me the dimensions of it, or even better let me see the draws of it? I know that there are a lot of models but what I'm pretending is just a regular model for the original bumper nothing very complicated and easy to make.

Cheers

Francisco

Hi from Portugal again

I'm pretending to make a Steering Guard for my Discovery I - 300Tdi, is it possible that some one tell me the dimensions of it, or even better let me see the draws of it? I know that there are a lot of models but what I'm pretending is just a regular model for the original bumper nothing very complicated and easy to make.

Cheers

Francisco

Hi mate, i made my own steering gaurd (and everything else) for my Range Rover. The gaurd was quite simple to make just took a bit of time getting the dimensions correct for the mounts. Mine bolts to the insde of the chassis rail to the bumper bolts and the the steering box bottom bolt. i will post some pictures soon for you. as for the dimensions just make a cardboard template then cut the metal, Easy! :D

Baz

In my opinion they are more trouble then there worth.

1 there to low

2 they low and fill with mud

3 there to LOW and act like a rock catcher

up grade the bars the stock ones are rubbish

To an extent all of that is true. However, the drop arm on the steering bar is vulnerable without it and I'd rather catch the steering guard a few times than trash the steering box.

• 1 month later...

after no replys ive decided to go and buy one :| from paddock,

paddocks only a mile or 2 from my house

anyone had any experience with the ones from paddock?

good quality?

god damn it!!

ruined my day :( o well

i gotta go cavendish motors (another landrover shop in chesterfield, EXTREMELY good service) to get my oil sender and window rubbers.

i will see if they have them in

after no replys ive decided to go and buy one :| from paddock,

paddocks only a mile or 2 from my house

anyone had any experience with the ones from paddock?

good quality?

Sorry Mate, been extremely busy and completely forgot. i will get some pics and post anyway maybe of some use to somebody

Bazza

In my opinion they are more trouble then there worth.

1 there to low

2 they low and fill with mud

3 there to LOW and act like a rock catcher

up grade the bars the stock ones are rubbish

I thought just that until a few weeks back when I was exploring my mates forest and walloped the front end right into a hidden tree stump wich in turn bent my steering damper wich resulted in locked steering.

With a plate there nothing would have happened.

My solution for now is to drive around without damper which isn't actually that bad.

JJ