Valeo clutches

Les Henson

Ive never yet changed a Valeo clutch that hasn't busted instead of wearing out. One I did today was particularly bad though.

The 110 it came out of has never been used off-road, so hard use doesn't come into it. Pictures courtesy of Andrew Kennedy - yobbo, thug, hooligan, chav, burnout demon, womaniser, babe magnet (lock-up your daughters), etc, etc :lol:

Notice that the friction surface of the clutch plate is still in good condition.

med_gallery_2_315_115556.jpg

med_gallery_2_315_33915.jpg

Even the cover had 6 cracks in it.

med_gallery_2_315_145269.jpg

Les.

Oh dear what a mess , I thought Valeo were a good make clutch , Thats what my local LR supplier gave me when I bought one for the Works TD5 , saying that the bearing has started to howl a bit and that is after 12k on the new clutch .

Dont know if they do one for a Land Rover but LUK clutches seem to be good , Fitting them to our Transit fleet and seem to get about 40 k from one .

That looks like a bloody Ikea "clutchen kit vor de buildeeng off" :D

Didn't realise you could buy clutches in kit form now. Does it work out cheaper this way :D . Only replacing the bits that need it and not the whole unit :D :D

I have no experience of LUK clutches, and as I said above - I have never yet replaced a valeo clutch that wasn't broken - even if it's just broken/slack shock springs or loose centre hub - this is on Euro boxes as well as L/R's. I think that Land Rover fit Valeo clutches from new. I always fit Borg & Beck (AP now) on Land Rovers anyway. Whatever the parts supplier gives me on other stuff.

Les.