How easy........

There's a possibility that the new LED bulbs won't fit all the way inside the gauge - I got mine from simonb and they don't go all the way in. Simon does advise about this, so I wrapped the bulb holder with black duct tape and pushed them in so they're a tight fit.

They work fine and are much better than the standard bulbs. Took, ooohh, about 10 minutes.

This sounds great. The lights on my 90's dash are so bad I'm sure it gets darker when I turn them on. I replaced all the bulbs because I heard they can get a bit 'silvered up' with age, but it didn't make a lot of diference. Never knew LEDS were available that were a direct replacement. Where can I get them from and how much???

Hi, those LEDs that you are writing about, when were they introduced in 110's? Is there a conversion available? In my -93 model I have normal bulbs, but I think I would prefer LEDs if there is a way to mount them in my instruments.

Guest diesel_jim

Does anyone know if these LED lights are the same as Td5 type lamps?

i've not bothered to remove the dash from my Td5 bulkhead yet... i think that they're too big.

Does nobody actual READ the info I posted

Hi, western. I read your posting, sure. My question was based on the info that I have, namely that my Defender has bulbs and I didn't know if your vehicle was originally delivered with LEDs that wasn't as good as those that you bought from simonb. I expect that it has to do with the fact that english isn't my language.

Mine has been fitted with leds from simonb [you'll find him by doing a members search, use the clicky link at top right of this page] wasn't having a go at you just a general comment, seeing as I'd already said I got mine from Simon.

the leds are a vast improvement over the standard bulbs, they make the instruments much clearer o see at night.

Welcome to LR4x4 & please read the pinned info at the top of the Defender forum threads list

:i-m_so_happy: