Cordless Impact Wrench

leeds

there are some cheap ones out there that all apear to come from the same source with different lables on [rolson etc ] if you look at them they are identical 24 volts 45 to 120 quid i have one as does my mate obtained from macces the trade whare house, i have had mine in daily use for about 18 months verdict bril they havent got the same torque as say de walt [350 quid] and you have to occasionaly crack a nut with a long bar .i use it for every thing a life changing purchase

I have a Snap on one which is awesome, really good at the very tight stuff but..... The batteries both stopped working for nonapparent reason when they were just out of warrenty (the thing was hardly udsed). I had to buy another battery so I could still use it and whilst the others were sent away for investigation. I contacted the Snapon seller after about 8 weeks of waiting and he says they have replaced them FOC. As yet I have not had the replacements.

I've got the 18V Dewalt version... Great! :D

Can get wheel nuts off no problem assuming they were only done up to the correct torque in the first place <_<

Can also spin the head straight off a drive flange bolt if you forget which side of the trigger is "off". :rolleyes: I've since written on the top of the case that "top = off" as my memory seems to be......

what was I talking about again? :huh:

i have an 18V bosch one its superb, nice and small to fit in small places which also helps and came with 3 batteries. Bosch after sales 2 year collect from home warranty as well. you get what you pay for with these i feel

• 2 months later...
Any recommendations for a cordless impact wrench?

With enough torque to undo wheel nuts

That depends on who did them up last. Mine come of nicely with a 1/2" T bar with out an extension, but then I put them on with a torque wrench in the first place. Compare this to some friends wheel nuts, which to undo some of them needed a 3/4" T bar and shock loading (jumping on the end) to loosen them. I would be surprised if they had put the nuts on to anything less than twice the recomended torque.