Bunny lane 27th Jan

jules

Great day out...although I did manage to fill my sump with nasty muddy water....!? so much so it was pushing the oil out of the exhaust!!

After a little trip home on the AA truck (told them i'd been greenlaning and had breaking issues) I drained out all the nasty creamy "oil" and changed the filter (knew i had a spare for some reason!) filled it back up with some very cheap diesel oil, started it and it seems to run fine!! Tested the oil after about 5 minutes of running and its still very very creamy, will try some of the oil additive cleaner stuff and give it another couple of oil changes before I take it anywhere!!

Anyway...here's some pic's; (the first is what it looked like when the AA turned up...after a bit os a scrub!)

post-2678-1201541327_thumb.jpg

..I was over the moon when this happened, had only been on site for 5 minutes!

post-2678-1201541410_thumb.jpg

post-2678-1201541604_thumb.jpg

do have some more if you want them fridge?

matt

Nice one matt, where did you fill your engine up with water? :blink:

As many photos as you can be bothered to send to photos@shirelrc.com please, when it comes to putting the newsletter together the more the merrier! If the files are big, sending several mails with a few on each may work better. Cheers!

Nice one matt, where did you fill your engine up with water? :blink:

As many photos as you can be bothered to send to photos@shirelrc.com please, when it comes to putting the newsletter together the more the merrier! If the files are big, sending several mails with a few on each may work better. Cheers!

No worries, will send over ASAP..

Managed to fill the engine up in one of the holes near the main "pit" wasn't too far from the vehicle with large mast so maybe he got some nice shots!!! we realised there was a slight issue when oil was being forced out the exhaust...... Looking at the vehicle the only place I can see where it would've gone in (water in place of oil, not air) is the breathers from the air box to the cylinder head and the sump. Everything else (snorkle, gearbox, axles etc etc) have extended breathers, but looks like the duck-bill valve on the end of the air box may have a small leak. Unless anyone else can suggest another way of water getting directly into my sump, pushing the oil out the exhast, but not causing enough damage to stop the engine??

As for the tyre coming off the rim........I knew I bought some staun beadlocks for some reason.....really should get round to fitting them!!!!! :rolleyes:

Never never never trust those one-way valves on airboxes, you need to seal them up before going near water. As long as you don't have a lambda sensor in your exhaust you can copy my dad and silicone a ping-pong ball into the valve :D

Could've gone down the dipstick tube?

Thanks for that! had it been in there much longer I really don't think i'd have got it running again! as it turns out, i've done 2 oil changes tonight, one with some engine clearner, and its running perfect!! Going to do a few miles in it tomorrow and change the oil again then hopefully it'll be good for some more wading.........obviously after some further waterproofing!!

Thanks again!!

I know DiscoRyan was playing with his equipment all day so should have some video for us at some point (no pressure Ryan :D )

I am trying, I really am. Unfortunately the software I have to use to process the images from my new camera is more user-friendly than Moviemaker, and that's saying something :angry:

I've tried producing a 3 min film about four times now but my laptop has slowed to a crawl due to the low spec, which means it cannot really handle the high quality footage I have. I'm having to produce for the web which takes up less space, but for some reason the sound has un-sync'd itself and is taking an age to upload to Youtube :angry:

Finally...!

Like I said above, the sound goes a bit wayward, but you should get the idea. I must get around to getting some copyright free music dub over....and lots of other stuff so that my laptop doesn't keep throwing it's teddy out of the pram... <_<

Nice video Ryan, I reckon there may be a way to capture the video without using the slow software. Windows usually recognises any DV input as a video capture device or similar and should import it. Either that or perhaps you can import it with the rubbish software and then open the files in WMM?

If you're popping round to collect the Slab video this week :unsure: bring the laptop & camera and we'll see if we can prod it into submission ;)

Failing that I may well be helping Jen at the weekend so there's a local venue with tea & cookies :D

Thanks to everyone who's sent in photos, I'll be passing them all on to Chip for the website. I thought I'd share my favourite, as taken by my mum:

bunny_wheelie.jpg

It's a cheeky little thing that, you can't see it but the right rear wheel is in a big hole, hence the wheel waving :D