flamming dash

lard a**e

i am having some bother with the instroments in my 1989 3.5 efi rangey, the lights on the auto and heater controlls work fine, auto lights seam to be on all the time, all instroment lights work (apart from fuel low warning as bulb removed when fiting new tank in trayback build), but the dash lights have gone off so cant see temp gauge, revs on for all id dosent matter to much(small auto cooler meens ceep it below 2500rpm on the road) the speedo when it gets dark, anyone have any ideas

Dimmer switch needs adjusting?

If the heater and other switch lights work correctly with the dimmer I suggest you check the bulbs and connections in the binnacle.

Not sure where the dimmer switch is on the 89 but on my 86 it is on the underside of the dash ('lower fascia panel')above your left knee & looks like a wheel. Guess it would be in the same place.

Dimmer switch needs adjusting?

If the heater and other switch lights work correctly with the dimmer I suggest you check the bulbs and connections in the binnacle.

Not sure where the dimmer switch is on the 89 but on my 86 it is on the underside of the dash ('lower fascia panel')above your left knee & looks like a wheel. Guess it would be in the same place.

It is in the same place. Might just have got disconnected - have you been doing any work round there recently, and did you remember to plug it back in afterwards?

• 4 weeks later...