Defender 07 model Wading !!

Stephen

The point was being made about wading depths, and why Landrover have told Mantec not to made any kits for them, as i quote from Mantec "The new 07 Defenders do not require wading kits, this has been confirmed by Land Rover" !!! :unsure:

this was followed by

(alantd @ Jan 9 2008, 10:40 AM)

Land Rover's quoted wading depth is purely because of the air intake position.

but also maybe by the position of the ecu

(JST @ Jan 9 2008, 03:49 PM)

errr and the position of the ECU IIRC .

The 07's ecu, is about 20" higher that the TD5's,, be it under the bonnet :o

Not a lot to do with sitting on a bonnet at 40 :rolleyes:

so its the ABS thing under the seat is it? so what the lump above the brake pedal then?

Not had a good look, hence i said it "looks" like the ABS, as its marked walbro or similar,, tis dark out their you know !!

My ECU is definitely on the bulkhead. Looks pretty well sealed to me.

The wading depth for the Puma is exactly the same as for the Td5, which is what leads me to believe that the weak point is the air intake. I did one of those LR Experience things a couple of years ago and they set the "safe" wading depth as the "top of the wheel rims" as a rule of thumb. This was becuase of the air intake position - not the ECU. I expect the same applies for the Puma.

LR don't list a wading kit for the 07 in their accessories brochure (they did for the Td5) but then again, at time of going to press they didn't list a snorkel either.

Perhaps LR don't require the wading kit from Mantec because they are going to source it elsewhere?

thats probably what Tim is going to come back with a picture of to show me......

i said someone would be along to prove me wrong. definitely something under there on ours, or there was on the last one we had. i will look next time i am in.

there is a black box above the brake pedal below the dash (Chris) on ours something to do with ABS?

wading level i was led to believe was 500mm due to the combination of air intake, whatever is is under the seat, brake pedal sensor thing and the fact water ingress into the cabin. as mentioned previously rule of thumb top of the rim or between top of rim ad halfway up the tyre wall.

i said someone would be along to prove me wrong. definitely something under there on ours, or there was on the last one we had. i will look next time i am in.

there is a black box above the brake pedal below the dash (Chris) on ours something to do with ABS?

wading level i was led to believe was 500mm due to the combination of air intake, whatever is is under the seat, brake pedal sensor thing and the fact water ingress into the cabin. as mentioned previously rule of thumb top of the rim or between top of rim ad halfway up the tyre wall.

Top of the rim aye James, Maybe you should take note of that when setting out punch's :D :D :D