age limit?

daniel

hi my names dan im 15 years old and this is my first post

i would really like to get into off roading but was wondering if there is a minimum age at off road centers?? and how easy it would be to get into at my age

and also how id get into off roading

thanks dan

hi my names dan im 15 years old and this is my first post

i would really like to get into off roading but was wondering if there is a minimum age at off road centers?? and how easy it would be to get into at my age

and also how id get into off roading

thanks dan

welcome to the forum bunch nutters here well i am anyway the shires welcome all members but due to insurance constraints you'll not be able to drive till you have a licence, but theres no reason you can't come along blag lifts help out etc. i don't know if all clubs/off road centers are the same i suspect there is some out there that you could drive at. hope this helps don't be put off though 17 is not far away and it gives you chance to build a truck :ph34r:

mike

The All Wheel Drive Club regularly run Tyro trials - you can drive from 14 years in a Road Taxed vehicle with a License Holder sat alongside you.

Or from 16 years in a non-road taxed vehicle again with a Licebse holder accompanying you

See the Calendar on the club's website at www.awdc.co.uk

Hi Dan,

Like you I am new to the forum, and I am only 16. I have a bobtailed rangie and can drive that at most places without any grumbles, unless they do specify a driving licence then I am passenger. Now this maybe that they don't have an age limit or because I am quite big for my age 5ft 11" and 13st so they don't ask. If I was you just drive until anyone says anything, unless obviously you require a full licence.

Good Luck

Rhys

Hi Dan,

Like you I am new to the forum, and I am only 16. I have a bobtailed rangie and can drive that at most places without any grumbles, unless they do specify a driving licence then I am passenger. Now this maybe that they don't have an age limit or because I am quite big for my age 5ft 11" and 13st so they don't ask. If I was you just drive until anyone says anything, unless obviously you require a full licence.

Good Luck

Rhys

hi

my name is josh im 16 but i cant find anywere were to drive my rangy bobtail

i was wondering were you take yours as i dont live to far away from haverhill???

watson

hi

my name is josh im 16 but i cant find anywere were to drive my rangy bobtail

i was wondering were you take yours as i dont live to far away from haverhill???

watson

It has been to bures pit, wildtracks offroad centre have a small place, you can hire a place at badwell ash which is the other side of bury st edmunds, and I take it to venture 4x4 which I think is the best place. It is in a small village called three holes in wisbech, very freindly guy that owns it and likes it to be looked after. Sometimes you can be the only one there, but he will only let a max of ten cars in there. If you want the next time we go to venture 4x4 I can contact you to see if you can get your bob over there. There is usually a group of us (all landy's and rangie's obviously!) around 6-8. My bob won't be out for a while as quite a bit of work is being done, such as a bodylift, beadlock wheels and 35" tyres. btw I am actually at LT Thurlow, which is about 4 miles from Haverhill.

It has been to bures pit, wildtracks offroad centre have a small place, you can hire a place at badwell ash which is the other side of bury st edmunds, and I take it to venture 4x4 which I think is the best place. It is in a small village called three holes in wisbech, very freindly guy that owns it and likes it to be looked after. Sometimes you can be the only one there, but he will only let a max of ten cars in there. If you want the next time we go to venture 4x4 I can contact you to see if you can get your bob over there. There is usually a group of us (all landy's and rangie's obviously!) around 6-8. My bob won't be out for a while as quite a bit of work is being done, such as a bodylift, beadlock wheels and 35" tyres. btw I am actually at LT Thurlow, which is about 4 miles from Haverhill.

sounds good thankyou

we should definatly get together

can you drive at 16 years old at these places and they dont need to be mot'd and stuff???

thankyou

If I was you just drive until anyone says anything

Sorry to say, but this is very poor advice - driving under age unless the site expressly permits it (i.e.not just doesn't realise you are under age) is not a clever idea - you run the risk of getting into serious grief if you have an accident or heaven forbid hurt someone else whilst you are driving. You could also cause the site to loose its licence which would ruin it for the rest of us.

I know I sound like an old git (well I am compared to you lot! :lol: ) but that is the way it is.

If you can't drive at a site then get stuck in as the co - driver. You can learn loads being outside the vehicle watching the driver mess things up. :lol: You can also get a lot of satisfaction by thinking out a route through an obstical and then guiding (or "spotting") your driver through. Winch challenges as co-driver are also great opportunities to demonstrate your skills with rigging winches etc. One of the mot successful partnerships of recent years was a father & son team.

Start off on the right foot please, or go find another hobby. ;)

Sorry to say, but this is very poor advice - driving under age unless the site expressly permits it (i.e.not just doesn't realise you are under age) is not a clever idea - you run the risk of getting into serious grief if you have an accident or heaven forbid hurt someone else whilst you are driving. You could also cause the site to loose its licence which would ruin it for the rest of us.

I know I sound like an old git (well I am compared to you lot! :lol: ) but that is the way it is.

If you can't drive at a site then get stuck in as the co - driver. You can learn loads being outside the vehicle watching the driver mess things up. :lol: You can also get a lot of satisfaction by thinking out a route through an obstical and then guiding (or "spotting") your driver through. Winch challenges as co-driver are also great opportunities to demonstrate your skills with rigging winches etc. One of the mot successful partnerships of recent years was a father & son team.

Start off on the right foot please, or go find another hobby. ;)

Yes I see what you are saying and agree, but the main site I drive at is private and the guy does know I am driving, I have only driven once at bures, so as you say it shan't be done again. Most of the time I am as co-driver and usually runnning around like a headless chicken and up to my knees in mud, great! Thanks for that :)

The All Wheel Drive Club regularly run Tyro trials - you can drive from 14 years in a Road Taxed vehicle with a License Holder sat alongside you.

Or from 16 years in a non-road taxed vehicle again with a Licebse holder accompanying you

See the Calendar on the club's website at www.awdc.co.uk

quite alot of ALRC clubs run tyro's witch if you want to do any competing it would be a way to start

but there are some pay to play sites that have not got a age limit but you may need to find out before you go(well if you have to drive too far and have to turn round to go home because thay won't let you drive it makes the day less than fun).

hope you have fun when you can.

quite alot of ALRC clubs run tyro's witch if you want to do any competing it would be a way to start

but there are some pay to play sites that have not got a age limit but you may need to find out before you go(well if you have to drive too far and have to turn round to go home because thay won't let you drive it makes the day less than fun).

hope you have fun when you can.

Beat me too it. Neil pointed out the AWDC run tyros and I was going to add that HBRO (an ARLC club) also do tyros for which you only need to be 14.

Its a shame there aren't more opportunities to the younger ones to get a go. Lara first drove my 90 when she was only 7 but opportunities to practice are few and far between.