Electric Windoze...

Astro_Al

Hi folks. I just know I'm going to have to tear into my doors here, but arm me with some info first.

My limp wristed electric windows don't go up unless you pull them up to manually assist the motor. What is the likely cause of this on an '85 RRC?

Cheers, Al.

:)

Nah, Once have rounded the heads off the screws holding the door handle, and release off, and broken all the little clips off the back of the doorcard getting it off, it is a pretty easy job of undoing 3 machine screws. :P

Remember to support the glass when you remove the motor though, as it comes crashing down otherwise!

hth

Mark

You may find the channel under the glass is rusted to bits..... in which case it can collapse onto the nylon lugs and make it tight to move....

Other thing that can happen in the channels down the side of the glass rust, and expand, hence making the rubber grip the glass....

Before you dismantle it all, clean out the window channels and spray them with silicon spray (dashboard cleaner works well -the cheap stuff), that should help a lot :)

HTH,

Bowie.

I'd also put money on the runner the window glasss sits in being rotten.

Of course Al, instead of going to all that trouble of taking the door apart you could always apply a liberal coating of grease to the window where it enters the door - should free up nicely after a couple of cycles! :ph34r::P

Of course Al, instead of going to all that trouble of taking the door apart you could always apply a liberal coating of grease to the window where it enters the door - should free up nicely after a couple of cycles! :ph34r::P

Now that sounds far more like my kind of repair! :P

Thanks guys. Al.

Just sorted my passenger window out last weekend.

The motor had been on its way out for a long time, was getting slower by the day. Then it packed up whilst window was open ! Was a right pain to strip whilst the window was down, typical aint it !

Got a new motor from ebay for £9, was easy to fit too and with a spray of lube in the run channels it works great now.

If you need a new window motor i have plenty £8 + £8 P&P UK.

Just let me know which door it's for as all four are different.

Thanks Fitz, I will do that (in a few weeks).

You're in Basingstoke, right? I'll just pop over and pick 'em up (Winchester).

Anyone know if motors from later models fit ok? (Just curious - saw some P38 ones on ebay and wondered).

Al.

• 2 weeks later...