What damage have I done?

Driving home last night and noticed the oil light start flickering as I go round corners. Pull over and check oil level.....bugger....off the bottom of the dipstick....and none spare in the car. Limp along for a little bit going round corners slowly, but only manage a few miles before giving up and phoning a mate to bring some out to me.

It takes about 4 litres before it hits the low mark on the dipstick. :blink:

So....what damage have I done by running for a few seconds without oil pressure/running with <2 litres of oil in the system?

Luckily, I know the oil is disappearing out of the rear crank oil seal....however it seems to be getting much worse.

Lost another 3 litres or so in the last 200 miles <_< (I checked it this time rather than relying on warning lights).

A quick look in daylight reveals that when I changed the vacuum pump I accidentally sandwiched a bracket between the pump and the block, creating a nice little gap for the oil to escape. 10 mins later and its all sorted.

What a blunder! :blink: