Jump to content

Valve putty inny thingey into rims - Info Wanted


Recommended Posts

Hi All,

On a tubeless rim a 'Valve Thingy' is put it in the rim via a special tool that you screw the valve base to, then feed the tool mit vavle base (Oeer) through the hole from the inside of the rim, and then pull through, .......and in doing so the valve seats :)

I was told some while back, but forgot where to get it (was prob drunk :P) about a special tool that would allow you you shove a new valave in whilst off road after the one that should have been there had been ripped out. The really interesting bit was that THIS special tool allowed you to pop a new valve thingy in the rim - BUT FROM THE OUTSIDE :)

I also have forgotted who told me about it (more drunk than I first thought :P:lol:)

So, anyone know who makes these / where to get one ?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have over 30 years involved in veh tyres and I have never heard of such a thing, if you think about it, if you could put infrom outside whats to stop it from coming back out ?

If your valve assy is ripped out, the tyre will be flat so whats the problem with breaking the bead seating and fitting anew valve assy the normal way :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We sell loads of tyres at work and I have never heard of such a thing either - we have one of the doofers shown above (or you can do what I do and just use a big valve key...)

If you do find it, more details would be interesting :)

I should think with some lubricant (ooer) lots of patience and a small flatbladed screwdriver you could probably work one through from the outside in some rims (i.e. 8 spokes etc) probably not in alloys with recessed valves though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep that there ^^^^ doofer above is the thingy that is the normal used from the inside.

The thingy I was told about somehow does put a valve in from the outside, the valve is the normal one so it has a ridge for each side and a reduction in the middle to match the hole ID and thickness. Not so much for alloys this was more for steel type tubeless rims, damned if I can think who told me about it, he was equally impressed as was I.....

Anyone ?

Nige :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get some Richbrook flush button valves fitted .......................



Also I think Demon tweaks do them as well.................

Cheaper in the US of A





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy