Map Light

Black goes to ground, red goes to a fused +12v feed, either ignition live (white) or permanent live (brown). The light won't draw much current so a 3A fuse will be fine, 0.5mmsq wire will suffice for wiring, and you can pick up the power from any spare point you can find.

You can use piggy-back connectors to pick up from an existing point, or run a wire right back to the battery terminal. If you do, put the fuse as near the battery as possible, using a waterproof inline fuse holder:

rpg.jpgfh430.jpg

Just don't use scotchloks.

Watch out for this light. I never liked them in The Wolfs becuase its not hard to leave it on by accident or accidently switch it on in day light. If its left on for more than a few hours the bulb gets hot enough to melt the plastic shade. So best thing would be (as already advised) to wire it to an ignition live wire.

I just bought one of these:

8978_1.JPG

It's an aircraft map light, and amazingly well built.

It's removable from the base, which I've fixed to the dash, so you can pull the light for rummaging in the cubby box or behind the front seats.

Also has a red filter for that Hunt For Red October look :lol:

why not link the supply feed to the sidelight circuit? surely you don't need it on ignition live, after all, who needs a map light during daylight hours?

When you are parked up with the lights on trying to use at little power as possible while you plan tomorrows trip :P

F*#% it. use a head torch :P

Glow worms work well too I hear.

Carbon footprint is a bit of a hard issue to tackle when you already drive a landy...

Well not unless it's LPG or veg oil.

Speaking of veg oil, who knows why on the new 07 90, it's says do not use Bio Diesel?

you think this is something you could fix, i.e it's the seals / fuel filter elements like that.