heater not working

I'll 2nd Luke, cable clips at heater box can pop off just for fun & leave the cables flapping about so no movemnt of the heater box air flaps.

I'll have a look under the bonnet in the morning when i get home...really looking forward to the 50 mile trip as its -3 in denmark and just started to snow...typical...

Of more concern would be low water level! Check the rad and expansion to ensure there is water up there, note the temp gauge can read normal/low when it is just measuring the steam.

I will check the level in the morning, unfortunately the temp guage has not worked since i bought it a couple of months ago...have to get that sorted, i hope its just the cable, it ran 50 miles to work this evening without steam coming out from the bonnet anyway!!

Well on examination today the 3 way hose from expansion tank to motor and radiator is leaking when the engine is running warm, looks like a couple of coke bottles filled with coolant and water will be my companion until i get the hose delivered from the UK...thanks for the tips, just hope i can survive until then!!

Looks like coolant level may be part of the problem. As I was reading down the thread though, I thought the same as Adz. If the thermostat is US and th weather cold then you will not get any heat into the engine and therefor the heater will not work.

Chris