ping ralph

I'm trying to find out the paint code for my truck.

Ralph, Is my truck the same colour as yours?

DSC_5500.jpg

from these paint codes, there are 3 non-metallic blue for 1991,

JUH Arles, Windjammer, Pacific Blue 90-97 LRC.424

JUH Arles, Windjammer, Pacific Blue 90-97 LRC.424(VI)

899 Midnight Blue 2ct 91-91 LRC.899

I don't think it's Midnight Blue, but there are 2 codes for Arles, Windjammer, Pacific Blue :huh:

Which code should I use?

Cheers :)

Yes it is the same colour blue as mine ---- JUH Arles is the correct code/name for the 90/110 version,

on a Discovery it's known as Winjammer & on a RR it's Pacific all have the JUH code :D about time you smartened up your 110 :lol:

No yours is a different colour, Ralph's is blue all over :ph34r:

If you get new Arles Blue paint for the doors, which is what I assume you are doing, it won't match that anyway, not by a country mile, as all the old (non lacquered) solid colours are terrible for fading. Five gallons of T-Cut might make it look vaguely similar :)

No yours is a different colour, Ralph's is blue all over :ph34r:

If you get new Arles Blue paint for the doors, which is what I assume you are doing, it won't match that anyway, not by a country mile, as all the old (non lacquered) solid colours are terrible for fading. Five gallons of T-Cut might make it look vaguely similar :)

thanks a lot Ralph. :)

BM, that's what I was afraid of, as it's quite faded. <_<

I decided to just paint the doors for the moment, rather than painting the whole truck. How much is t-cutting it going to restore the colour? I don't know that I'm ar^$d t-cutting an entire 110 :blink:

Hmmm

thanks a lot Ralph. :)

BM, that's what I was afraid of, as it's quite faded. <_<

I decided to just paint the doors for the moment, rather than painting the whole truck. How much is t-cutting it going to restore the colour? I don't know that I'm ar^$d t-cutting an entire 110 :blink:

Hmmm

Crikey! Not sure I'd want to T-cut a 110. I cut the body of a MGB-GT a couple of years back. It took 2 of us all day, looked great for a month or two and then started to fade again (in nice swirly patterns). It would take an age to cover a 110!

No offence but you're clearly OK driving around with your current mis-matching doors (which looks quite cool IMHO). Probably best just to paint the doors for now, see how it looks (at least they'll be closer) and then work yourself up to a complete re-paint.

Good luck

A quick Google search for Farecla G3 results in These links

if you can't find any in your area, I'm fairly sure the boat chandlers in Falmouth near me will have some & could send some over :i-m_so_happy:

Thanks a lot for the input guys. :)

I'll go ahead and paint the doors and see how it looks. I'm just looking at getting rid of the rainbow look for now until i paint the whole truck a different colour, at some point in the future, when I have access to proper facilities and the time to sort the rest of the body work.

If it is ridiculously mis-matched, I'll see about Farecla-ing it. Ralph, thanks a lot for the offer :i-m_so_happy:

Guest otchie1

T cut, farecla, brasso or valve paste is all basically gritty rubbing compound designed to cut off the top layer or so of paint. As that is supposed to be a lacquer layer (at least on shinies) but on yours is just dead paint then within a month or so it'll be dead again. Wax is the thing for getting it shiny.

Wax on

Wax off

soon you'll be a waxy ninja :ph34r:

Use the cutting compound to remove the oxidised material & get the shine back.

I prefer 3M 'Finesse-it' which is very fine. T-Cut is far too aggressive.

It is important that you then apply a good quality polish to protect the surface or it will be back to dull in short order. Unfortunately older solid reds & blues were always a pig for this.