Lucas 35DM8 to 35DLM8, Is it possible???

jerboa

I'm have issues with my distributor...

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry239438

Ordered a new distributor from paddocks, recieved 35DLM8, standard is 35DM8, new one came with a conversion lead... STC1212! I'm wondering if they got it wrong somehow, not realising that the one fitted to mine could be last of early version, rather than early model of the late version??? Is anyone familiar with the installation/modification of such a system on an '86 or thereabouts 3.5efi rangie?

Alternativley, does anyone have a known-to-be-good 35DM8 dizzy for sale that i can stick straight in? (so it can be kept as standard as possible...

thanks in advance, Alec...

Refer back to Paddocks.

If you ordered a 35DM8 (amplifier under coil) then that's what you should have received. If they are saying that the 35DLM8 (amplifier on side of dizzy) is OK then insist they supply the appropriate fitting instructions.

Refer back to Paddocks.

If you ordered a 35DM8 (amplifier under coil) then that's what you should have received. If they are saying that the 35DLM8 (amplifier on side of dizzy) is OK then insist they supply the appropriate fitting instructions.

Spamming comments deleted - DEANO

Hope this helps.