Switch Help

siearl

Have made up my own switch panel and was looking at using this switch to isolate the Auxs while i dotn have a second battery installed. Am i right in thinking that the power from the battery goes to "power", the feed for the secondary fuse box is from the "ACC" and add a negaitve/earth.

Many Thanks for your help

DSCN2258.jpg

Have made up my own switch panel and was looking at using this switch to isolate the Auxs while i dotn have a second battery installed. Am i right in thinking that the power from the battery goes to "power", the feed for the secondary fuse box is from the "ACC" and add a negaitve/earth.

Many Thanks for your help

DSCN2258.jpg

Your right

+12 volt fused - power

feed to second fuse box - ACC

earth - ground - to make the warning light work.

Are you using the switch to power a relay or straight to the fuse box. Looking at the switch I would say its only suitable for low power/current applications.

HTH

I am just using it to cut/give power to the second fuse box

You need to work out the current coming out of the second fuse box, this will then give you the rating of the switch/ relay needed to supply it. That switch has only got a rating of about 10 amps.

Guest diesel_jim
I am just using it to cut/give power to the second fuse box

I'd definately wire this switch in through a relay then, and use the "switch" terminals of the relay for feeding the fusebox.

this will save you the hassle of letting the smoke out of the wires! :lol:

Yeah. A forum relay sounds like a good idea. I'll be in charge of connecting battery 1. and Murphy can do Battery 2. When you need to switch over just come on the forum and we pop along to put the wires over for you. Simple.. Jobe done ! :)

^^^^^ Wot DJ said, otherwise you might find a certain fire engines hose in your window.

Hi Si if you do put the fire engine hose in your window you will need to fill the fire engine tank up with water :lol:

Adrian,

is this before or after you have sorted everything out with it, got it started and then managed to get it out of its storage area

She will start and run OK and pump water she will not stop no Brakes :o