Rather odd Part number request..

I'm after a rather odd part......it is completely useless as far as I can see, but I want one purely for the sake of completeness......

....I want the little plastic cover that goes over the hinge on the inside of the passenger door......

Does anyone have one knocking about I can have, or a part number so I can get one from LR???

Ta very much

Guest diesel_jim
Thats brilliant! I imagine it is the same part number for all Defenders??

Where do you guys get these part numbers from for such random parts so quickly?? Is it something in electronic format or hard copy??

Ralph is actually a wizard, he just cunjours them up out of his chalice. :lol:

Thats brilliant! I imagine it is the same part number for all Defenders??

Where do you guys get these part numbers from for such random parts so quickly?? Is it something in electronic format or hard copy?? Where do I get a copy for myself?

Cheers

you have a few choices

either PM myself or Diesel_Jim with a postal address I can do you the earlier EPC which I have running on XP Home & Vista or DJ could sort you microcat which is the later parts info or go to www.green-oval.com download section & get it from there.

Is this the check arm cover Martin ?

Yes, I think so.....I would have just called it a "hinge" but at Craddocks they call it something along those lines! Bloody hell though.....£7 delivery charge from them!! For a £1.80 part that must weigh about four fifths of F all!!

Dont suppose you have one lying around Mo???

Mart

For a part that is going to cost around £2 with £7 postage why not try something truly radical and go and buy one from a main dealer. The part will cost around £2 and there will be no carriage charge.

I have been looking for various parts for my Defender recently and have contacted loads of the aftermarket Land Rover dealers and none of them can supply every part I need, some parts are simply unavailable except from Land Rover. Many of them have not replied to my requests for information. I have not noticed any difference in prices quoted for the parts when compared to a main dealer and carriage will be charged on most orders. Additionally you will probably have to take a risk by giving your credit card details.

Just my opinion.

MINESAPINT

For a part that is going to cost around £2 with £7 postage why not try something truly radical and go and buy one from a main dealer. The part will cost around £2 and there will be no carriage charge.

I have been looking for various parts for my Defender recently and have contacted loads of the aftermarket Land Rover dealers and none of them can supply every part I need, some parts are simply unavailable except from Land Rover. Many of them have not replied to my requests for information. I have not noticed any difference in prices quoted for the parts when compared to a main dealer and carriage will be charged on most orders. Additionally you will probably have to take a risk by giving your credit card details.

Just my opinion.

MINESAPINT

I completely agree, I have had to buy some items from the dealership when Paddocks parts were simply not the correct item (and inferior quality as well).

Was really surprised how little difference there was in price for most of the items.

Didn't need to post as I have two within an hour of me.

Ralph is actually a wizard, he just cunjours them up out of his chalice. :lol:

You can say that again about Ralph :) back in the days when i had my imported to Canada 110 CSW

....I leaned on him heavily for support, which was alway forthcoming..... :i-m_so_happy:

I hope he still has time to fix his airplanes :)

Call Alan at Rogers. If he doesn't have it in stock he will be able to get it quickly. Or do you want me to see about it.

Would you be able to organise that please Ivan? That would be super!

A few times now I have looked for random bits online, and been flabbergasted at postage costs......and have turned to main dealers, usually Stratstone in Milton Keynes.

I just felt like getting the part last night online, as it is such a minor part, I might forget about it soon.....and also cant justify going 18 miles to MK for no other reason.

Fair comment though.

Mart

I bought a pair of these from Alan at Rogers along with a lot of other bits & pieces when I was upgrading my ex-MOD 90 to civy spec. Most of them turned out to be genuine parts as there just isn't the market for aftermarket suppliers to produce them. The good news is though that contry to popular belief, many genuine parts are not as expensive as people imagine and most non-franchised dealers (including Rogers) offer 10-15% off genuine prices as a matter of course.