Power steering pump Td5

Is there a repair kit for the steering pump on the Td5..Getting a groaning noise when steering especially when stationary, slight dripping from underside of pump and upon checking the resevoir a frothing/bubbling to the steering fluid...Or should i just dump and replace..? Mike

Mine has always made groaning noises when stationary. Ok, its a Tdi, but all the pumps are similar except for the directions of rotation.

And none of them are repairable.

Thanks lads ...guess its soon to be a new pump so...!

Right looks like new pump required, problem is ive searched the Rave CD and cant find the step by step removal and refitting. I can see where it mates onto the water pump but there isnt a section for the PAS on the CD..Anyone got this or a link to same..Ta Mike

From what i`ve been told by my mates at bearmach and my other mate who works for stradstone this kit does`nt always work.My box as always groaned at full lock(02 def) and has a drip on the drop arm but no foaming in the res. This has been (NORMAL ?) with the landrovers for years.

From what i`ve been told by my mates at bearmach and my other mate who works for stradstone this kit does`nt always work.My box as always groaned at full lock(02 def) and has a drip on the drop arm but no foaming in the res. This has been (NORMAL ?) with the landrovers for years.

... I believe that the repair kits are grand for the pumps up to and inc the 300 tdi but that the Td5 is a sealed unit (tho mine isnt cos its dripping on the drive at the mo) it has only started to leak in the past week, the frothing could be down to the pump drawing in air at the seepage point and it groans right accross the steering arc (01 Def), but i still need the "how to remove/refit instructions...

... the frothing could be down to the pump drawing in air at the seepage point and it groans right accross the steering arc (01 Def), but i still need the "how to remove/refit instructions...

Rather than the (missing) Defender instructions, could you use the Disco II instructions for the TD5 engine?

Cheers.

Rather than the (missing) Defender instructions, could you use the Disco II instructions for the TD5 engine?

Cheers.

I would imagine that they would very similar if not the same. Looking at the description i dont see any mention of the piggy back water pump but im going to have a go...Could be that darned " O " ring thats causing the grief...Thanksd guys...