New Technology

I think its rediculous that Landrover havent got a modern key to go with the new defender and like bogmonster said, make one key fit all too.

Having said that, I have an old 90 that needs 3 keys to open/start everything so I think that new key looks quite snazzy. Is it the same shape as will fit my 1985 90 ignition? Can you get blanks so I can change my tired old ignition key for one of these?

Is it the same shape as will fit my 1985 90 ignition? Can you get blanks so I can change my tired old ignition key for one of these?

The blade and ignition lock looked the same to me. I have a closer look when back at work.

Mark.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I could use 3 shiny new key blanks to replace the old ignition keys for my 1994 110.

Does anyone have the part number for the blanks as Mr Ibex pictures above, or is this a dream too far for a saddo like me?

I think its rediculous that Landrover havent got a modern key to go with the new defender and like bogmonster said, make one key fit all too.

Having said that, I have an old 90 that needs 3 keys to open/start everything so I think that new key looks quite snazzy. Is it the same shape as will fit my 1985 90 ignition? Can you get blanks so I can change my tired old ignition key for one of these?

I can use my fuel key on the doors anyway. I wish Land Rover weren't so half-arsed with the Defender sometimes. I think my next will be a Disco.

Please, can somebody tell me what's so special about this damn key. Some people were drooling over it on another LR forum. After all, the business bit is still the same, and it takes up more room in your pocket.
Blank should be LCWE500390

Retail = £15.75 + VAT + cutting costs

Makes it 1 expensive key!

But if you are one of those people who needs the latest, blingiest thing... :)

Chris

Guest diesel_jim

I've got these keys now on my 110. i bought a complete lock set (3 barrels and a complete ignition lock...including the ignition switch!) genuine parts, just under £60.

a very good deal.

I take it there's no electricery in the butt of the key - still a separate fob.

I know a company that supplies rfid technology to lr for alarm systems, so i am wondering if this new key has an rfid tag in it? They are supplyig for defender and disco so it may well have passive electrikery in it....

I've got these keys now on my 110. i bought a complete lock set (3 barrels and a complete ignition lock...including the ignition switch!) genuine parts, just under £60.

a very good deal.

Where did you find this and what age is your truck. I was told I could get that for mine a few months ago.

I know a company that supplies rfid technology to lr for alarm systems, so i am wondering if this new key has an rfid tag in it? They are supplyig for defender and disco so it may well have passive electrikery in it....

no electrics in the key.

Guest diesel_jim
Where did you find this and what age is your truck. I was told I could get that for mine a few months ago.

Bought it from my main dealer. My 110 is (built by me) as a 2005 model, so has the later front doors that use the ignition key to open them (as opposed to the separate door key like earlier models), so if you want to go down this route, you'll need to change the door handles as well as they're different.

My 3-lock and ignition barrel was part # CWB500630 £50.94 (including VAT)