What Size Mud Terrains?

Paul64

Guest diesel_jim

I've got the same... 255/85 on wolf rims (i did have them on my 16x8 mach5's previously)...

although i've just got a set of bling alloys, so will be fitting the BF's onto those....

now, white lettering in or out..... :unsure::blink::unsure::blink:

Will have the wolf rims up for grabs in the not too distant future (When i get the tyres swapped)

Thanks Chris for the message. I was up late trawling the net for bargains, so not out the door yet! My girls are coming with me to Craddocks, but had the audacity to tell me they would prefer to go to Alton Towers! What is the world coming to.

So Wolf rims seem to be getting a thumbs up here. IIRC they are on the pricey side? I will have a look on the web for them too.

"Will have the wolf rims up for grabs in the not too distant future (When i get the tyres swapped)" Thanks Jim, but unfortunately time is against me with only a few days to get everything done. Once the tyres and wheels sorted, the winch is next.

Again thanks for all the info.

Cheers,

Paul

Anything south of Cape Horn is still in the 1970's, hence liking the white lettering ;)

Mo :)

Yep - no:

- crime

- chavs

- speed cameras

- anti 4x4 lobbys

etc etc :)

What's the point in spending all that money on BFGs and then making them look like one of the many remould copies? :)

Only if you are barking :P

- chavs

What's the point in spending all that money on BFGs and then making them look like one of the many remould copies? :)

But isn't that what chavs are about? Showing off their designer 'bling' so everyone can see they have the best 'gear'? Perhaps there are chavs in the FIs, but you are looking in the wrong place for them? :P

Chris

BFG's aren't bling they are just quality. If I wanted bling I would have a set of 35" Mickey Thompson tyres on hideous chromed alloys :)

Evidence for the case that letters are best:

post-33-1206959769_thumb.jpg

They really needed a scrub up with a Brillo pad in this picture just so they stand out properly :ph34r:

would look much cooler B) with the posey white letters inside, like a REAL working truck not some soft southerners posing pouch :P:rofl:

OY! Us southerners are not all soft....and i only wear the posing pouch on special occasions when trying to look all manly and hard :ph34r:

Anyway, definitely white letters in, out is so northern and gay :lol:

Hi Paul

My truck is a non standard TD5 certainly not a racing machine but will cruise at 95 with not too much bother (Personally i now find it a tad sluggish)

Did Exeter Bucharerst this time last year in 28hrs :))

James

OY! Us southerners are not all soft....and i only wear the posing pouch on special occasions when trying to look all manly and hard :ph34r:

Anyway, definitely white letters in, out is so northern and gay :lol:

far to much info in your reply :blush: it wasn't meant for you, just that much further south penguin :lol: who loves white letters :P

I am about an un-northern as it is possible to get :P

Anyway this is deteriorating into something worthy of another lesser LR forum so I will be quiet now :ph34r:

Ok, I give up to, I see your titles been tampered with again & it wasn't me :D

Well I had my visit to Craddocks. If you have been there you will know that where the tyres are they have a waiting area with leather sofas. I sat the girls there with books and crayons for the long haul! I went mad! It was like a kid in a sweet shop!

Anyway, I went for BFG 265/75x16. Wolf rims were over £50 a corner, which I think is crazy money. They had some scuffed and rusty Disco steels. Managed to knock then down from £15 to £10 a corner. I don't give a sh** what I look like, so they are fine by me. They gave me the option of the white lettering inside or outside and I went for...............................inside of course. They even dulled down the white for me. Wait for the BEST BIT!!! When he asked me the question about the lettering there were 7 or 8 customers near the counter. They all went quiet and looked at me waiting for my response! I could have cut the atmosphere with a knife, but it was smiles all round when I said inside!

AJL - Exeter to Bucharest in 28 hours. I couldn't even do that in my Volvo V70! I take my hat off to you!

• 5 months later...

Update: Don't use BFG 265/75x16 mud terrains on Disco steels on a Defender. They rub like hell on full articulation against the upper spring housings front and back! I will swap to modulars when I drive back to the UK in November.