Killed my Battery

Guest WALFY

Guest WALFY

I've finaly killed my batt in my 90. I have a twin batt setup. Both are 096. Main batt is the dead 1, used as the veh batt and all accessories. Second batt is for both winches. I can run the 90 all day and if left overnight it won't hold the charge enough to start the engine (200TDI). I have a starter solonoid to join them together and when done it starts straight away.

I'm not interested in having them perm joined together or having a posh expensive fangled batt system. I know why I killed it. I had a faulty stereo that discharged the batt several times before I realised what the problem was. Hence the batt is now fubar.

So where is the best place to get batts at the moment. I live in Warminster and am prepared to travel a small distance to get the right kit.

Any ideas

I've finaly killed my batt in my 90. I have a twin batt setup. Both are 096. Main batt is the dead 1, used as the veh batt and all accessories. Second batt is for both winches. I can run the 90 all day and if left overnight it won't hold the charge enough to start the engine (200TDI). I have a starter solonoid to join them together and when done it starts straight away.

I'm not interested in having them perm joined together or having a posh expensive fangled batt system. I know why I killed it. I had a faulty stereo that discharged the batt several times before I realised what the problem was. Hence the batt is now fubar.

So where is the best place to get batts at the moment. I live in Warminster and am prepared to travel a small distance to get the right kit.

Any ideas

Mole Valley farmers

next time your down

Any ideas

I have an 096+ (Heavy duty) in the garage, bought it for the RRC about 18 months ago, paid about £60 for it (I think it had a 3 year guarantee)

Got it locally from A1 motor spares http://www.a1motorstores.co.uk/

Guest WALFY
Mole Valley farmers

next time your down

Went to MVF in Frome. Didn't have a big selection of batts.

James Batt shop. You must be joking. Run by bean counting civvys.

RT. Nearest shop to me is Frome. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Will PM Si to see what he is or isn't going to offer. I'd forgotten that he was looking into doing batts.

Thanks for all the info. Apart from James' input it's all fairly sensible :P

No help but my twin batteries nearly killed me once.

Trying to start the 6x6 at night in the snow for a rescue mission I fitted the twin truck batteries that had been on charge in doors. Lifted one up on the battery tray in the rear body and connected it, lifted the other up and connected it and in a blinding flash and deafening bang I was blown off the side of the truck into the road. Fortunately no traffic. In my haste I had one of the batteries the wrong way round and instead of connecting in parallel they went in series and short circuited some 900 amps each!

Guest WALFY

Jase

I know the place. Went and got some wiring bits from them back along. Do you have an account for that price or is that an over the counter price?