4x4Adv: Winch Series Challenge Sat 14 Jun

JST

Mike, email went last night.

Martin Stainer now added to the entry list.

Shrek i was thinking of putting you in early for the SS so you at least have a chance of still being running.......... i guess the winch is sorted now>?

Shrek i was thinking of putting you in early for the SS so you at least have a chance of still being running.......... i guess the winch is sorted now>?

Cheeky bugger... You break your truck once in 18 months of challenge events... although going first on the SS would suit me- unless it involves tulips- in which case I would like to set off 2 seconds after someone who is slow but can read tulips!!!

The winch is... still in bits!... Hopefully it will be sorted by Saturday- i have all the bits but the mate who is welding the drum up has yet to wave the pigeon over it!... I have however sorted an understudy... Big thanks to Ian H!- bloody nice bloke!

Chris is bitching for me so Ian should be free to marshal if you need him?

How many Stds have you got for Saturday?

Cheeky bugger... You break your truck once in 18 months of challenge events... although going first on the SS would suit me- unless it involves tulips- in which case I would like to set off 2 seconds after someone who is slow but can read tulips!!!

The winch is... still in bits!... Hopefully it will be sorted by Saturday- i have all the bits but the mate who is welding the drum up has yet to wave the pigeon over it!... I have however sorted an understudy... Big thanks to Ian H!- bloody nice bloke!

Chris is bitching for me so Ian should be free to marshal if you need him?

How many Stds have you got for Saturday?

Si,

Stop creeping I've already said you can borrow it. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Shrek - your first up on the SS, hope your own winch is sorted by then you wouldnt want to break a nice shiny one would you.....

Ian - thank you for the offer, i think i am there now with marshalls, Anton is bringing 4 or so with him. If Shrek isint using your winch are you intending to being your vehicle up as well? i could do with a 2nd recovery vehicle?

20 Entrants (19 series registered), 3 std class 5 Std + 1, rest modified.

Some nice rain last night to spruce things up!!!

Shrek - your first up on the SS, hope your own winch is sorted by then you wouldnt want to break a nice shiny one would you.....

Ian - thank you for the offer, i think i am there now with marshalls, Anton is bringing 4 or so with him. If Shrek isint using your winch are you intending to being your vehicle up as well? i could do with a 2nd recovery vehicle?

20 Entrants (19 series registered), 3 std class 5 Std + 1, rest modified.

Some nice rain last night to spruce things up!!!

James

Sorry but my truck wont be back together by then, just had a respray and I have a very large pile of bits in the garage to get back on!!!!!

Ian

Blimey that was a tough one , some very technical punches and sections . But we loved it all the same , And another Thanks to James and the Marshalls for doing such a splendid job yesterday .

I think just about everyone had problems with one thing or another , we lost the rear winch in the first 10 mins ,had to go back and swap a motor , and after dinner we were down to 3WD .

PICT0047.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

Yes another good one, thanks to James, all the marshalls and the lady marshall on the punches behind the special stage 1 - 5 for being so patient with us.

We was and truly wedged up against an Oak tree with the front winch stuck in forward and needing desperatly to go backwards, cut the rope in the end :( after a lot of head scratching and trying just about everything.

A dry event with very little mud to wash off for a change.