It's that time again

good pics Jim

nice new winch there Chris - Did you try it out?????

The picutre of everyone sat on the rocks with Walfy at the bottom, the punch is just in front and below of Tim - so it wasnt impossible

Thanks to everyone for a well organised great weekend, despite the constant rain.

Unfortunately, we do not have any pics, but Walfy's camera was clicking away for much of the weekend, so there should be some along shortly.

Thanks also to Jim and 'Absynth girl' ( you know who you are ! ) for feeding us on Saturday night - cracking BBQ.

Adrian.

Sam - hope you enjoyed your trundle around with us on Sun.

Oh yes, definetly did. I want to go back now.

Thanks Pugwash for letting me passenger for the water etc. and testing my off road knowledge!

I had a really good weekend apart from the rain, especially when Tim's wagon disapeared in front of me on the Motorway because it was so heavy and it felt like one big aquaplane, that was not fun. Even the drive home was good apart from that even if my car seemed to be underpowered compared to everyone else's...

I'll be wanting a bigger V8! :lol:

It was nice of you to sail past after watching me struggle to keep to 55, and probably noticed I am not a motorway driver!!!

Oh and I did wave back in case you didn't see it, think it was obstructed by the A pillar.

No one has yet explained to me what this LCH thing is!

I'll be wanting a bigger V8! :lol:

It was nice of you to sail past after watching me struggle to keep to 55, and probably noticed I am not a motorway driver!!!

struggling to stay at 55 to save fuel and not go faster or struggling to keep it going at 55?

i thoughts these V8s were mega quick?

Well I did have my foot flat down for some of it, especially the longer hills and it would struggle to keep to an indicated 55 (I think we were doing more than that though) hence I was dropping back and gaining up constantly but I was definetly trying to refrain from keeping it down for long, for fuel efficiency. Did just over half a tank on the way back which is a 1/3rd less than the way there.

Edited to add - my speedo must be out then, Tim!

Guest WALFY

James

I used less fuel coming home than going. Just over 1/2 tank to get there and just under to get back. That's with all the camping gear in the back of the Puma and a heavy 90 on a tilt bed trailer. Not worked out the MPG. I don't think I want to know :(

under 1/2 seems ok, how many miles was it then? and with a slightly nose heavy trailer it seemed! i think more straps, tighen it down a bit more and further back could be the way to go.............. take it you both enjoyed the weekend anyway, was good to catch up.

32.9 when i filled up on the way up over the last 250 miles (max 60mph etc) no where near that after all the trundling around though, haven't filled it since Friday. saw this on the way home too - slightly depressing

post-53-1215456031_thumb.jpg

Guest WALFY
under 1/2 seems ok, how many miles was it then? and with a slightly nose heavy trailer it seemed! i think more straps, tighen it down a bit more and further back could be the way to go.............. take it you both enjoyed the weekend anyway, was good to catch up.

Trailer was level, enough straps and believe me it wouldn't go any tighter. Moving it further back would of put it on the sloping part of the trailer which would of totaly messed up the dynamics of the setup.

Pics to follow in a bit

Guest WALFY

A couple of pics that Mrs Walfy took.

7Sisters026.jpg

7Sisters031.jpg

7Sisters019.jpg

7Sisters013.jpg

Playing in the pond

7Sisters007.jpg

2 seconds after the pic was taken the truck went almost vertical as the tyres gained some traction, now I have a nice crease in my seat :o . My heart skipped a beat and I heard Mrs Walfy swear from the bank where she was stood

7Sisters035.jpg

Guest WALFY

The problem was that the trailer was level but the rear of the Puma was slightly lower at the rear. Not sure how to overcome that. Time will tell when my new trailer arrives and I get to play about with loading configurations

The problem was that the trailer was level but the rear of the Puma was slightly lower at the rear. Not sure how to overcome that. Time will tell when my new trailer arrives and I get to play about with loading configurations

Could have been all your gear in the back, when I loaded up for a weekend away in Wales, with tent, sleeping bags, air bed, clothes, 20l of diesel, 20l of water, camping stove etc. all in plastic boxes the rear of my 90 TD5 sat lower than the front which it doesn't normally do... shows really why they put the HD springs on the 110 and why it sits higher unladen.

I guess you could fit HD springs all round and the rears would be stiffer thus less sag with your gear in the back and the noseweight of the trailer :)