Megajolt now or Megasquirt later?

mike4444244

Hi

Quick question, Is it worth me megajolting the 2.25 in the 109, or should I use it for a bit while I rebuild a 3.9 for it and megasquirt the V8? I'm not after performance from the 2.25 :lol: but reliability, the MJ kit seems cheapish and I can get the bits from a scrappy, and I can whinge at Pete until he installs it for me :ph34r: but is it a waste of money when ultimately I'll need a V8, I can't help it and I know its childish but I just love the sound B) B)

Mike

Hi

Quick question, Is it worth me megajolting the 2.25 in the 109, or should I use it for a bit while I rebuild a 3.9 for it and megasquirt the V8? I'm not after performance from the 2.25 :lol: but reliability, the MJ kit seems cheapish and I can get the bits from a scrappy, and I can whinge at Pete until he installs it for me :ph34r: but is it a waste of money when ultimately I'll need a V8, I can't help it and I know its childish but I just love the sound B) B)

Mike

ahhhhhhhhhh yes there is nothing like the sound of the missfire of a wet v8

smiles joking

weeeeeeeelll

Depends what you want it for.

I went the megajolt route cos I'm cheap, and all i wanted was the V8 to stop being allergic to water.

And I have achieved my aim.

I will do the MS stuff when funds allow, but the MJ unit is always resaleable.

RR

Mike I am going to PM fridge when he gets back from his little light green laning trip to Russia ;) , As it may be easier to stick the wiring in now in anticipation of the installation of the V8, plus I quite like the idea of spending your money to find out how MS works :ph34r: .

If done with a bit of thought you should be able to knock up a loom that will work for the 2.25 on MJ and then have all the extra wires for the V8 waiting to go with minimal tweaks. It might cost you a trigger wheel and EDIS4 unit for the 2.25 but the rest should just transfer.