badlrc winch challenge august 3rd

Very good event,well run and a good system, like alan said a few hold-up's but nothing major, An event worth doing,

It was a pleasure teaming up with alan kemp and his co driver kev who ran about non stop all day, the effort was worth it,

Carl.

Congratulations to Buxton & District for planning and running a very successfull event with obviously a lot of thought 'n' effort and risking trying that format which was proved to be a great idea.

Never would of thought it would be possible to put 40 punches there and to make them good punches,

I know an awfull lot of work went on there so well done to all concerned, highly enjoyable.

Well done to John & Alan and teamates on your 1st place

Look forward to the 2 dayer :P:P

thanks to alan, john and carl for giving me the chance to help. fisrt time in a comp. done a few playday events but nothing like this.

dont know about running all day i was only trying to keep up with you carl.

should be able to help again alan it was a great day out and being on the winning side could only be a bonus

many thanks

kev

and being on the winning side could only be a bonus

Oy! It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts Chooch! :P:i-m_so_happy:

Next time, I'm gonna hide your energy gel stuff so you collapse in a heap, require medical attention from Alan and Jonh & Carl, so then other mere mortals can have a chance of catching yers!

Ha!

Thanks to BADLRC a great comp, the format was absolutely super

was not sure at first but worked great very well organised and i hope to compete again,

thanks very much to all involved,marhalls etc. it was a great days winching ;)

Thanks for the very positive feed back guys, It isn't very often you get to hear the positives from an event.

Of behalf of everyone at BADLRC I would like to thank everybody for supporting our event and we look forward to seeing you all soon for the next one. as soon as we have checked the dates wont clash with anything else we will let you all know ASAP.

Could we ask one or 2 of you that came to the event to email us a few lines a couple of paragraphs or what ever you can write of your comments on the day how it went for you the venue etc etc that we can use in a article to go out in the off road press. you can email it to me Wormhough Challenge

The photos from the event will be on our website shortly.BADLRC website on the challenge page

Thanks again everyone

Matt Thompson

Competition Secretary

BADLRC

Results from 03/08/08 BADLRC Wormhough Challenge

1ST ALAN KEMP JOHN SALES 10500 POINTS

2ND TONY BASKILL ALAN WORMHOLD 9400 POINTS

3RD GARRY SMITH DANNY RILEY 8300 POINTS

4TH NICK BIRD DAFFYDD BELTON 7400 POINTS

5TH SIMON ESSAM ALAN SHARP 7000 POINTS

6TH ERIC TOYNE DAVE GREEN 6100 POINTS

7TH DAN THOMAS STEVE JEFFERIES 5900 POINTS

8TH JAMIE CORBRIDGE GAVIN ROBINSON 5200 POINTS

9TH GLYNN YATES CHRIS BOOTH 4200 POINTS

And all respective co drivers who worked hard and seem to have been forgotten,

Carl,

"And all respective co drivers who worked hard and seem to have been forgotten,

Carl,"

Well I've never seen a co driver work hard, :P:P

I've seen more moaning co drivers than I have moaning gearboxes,

:o

Wonder where the name bitch comes from? :hysterical::hysterical:

Fishing Carl ???

same as the others thanks for a great day out , really liked the format , we just ploded along all day so was a big suprise to come 4th and a fastest special stage 1 :D

looks like i may have lost my regular seat though :(:unsure:

"And all respective co drivers who worked hard and seem to have been forgotten,

Carl,"

Well I've never seen a co driver work hard, :P:P

I've seen more moaning co drivers than I have moaning gearboxes,

:o

Wonder where the name bitch comes from? :hysterical::hysterical:

Fishing Carl ???

Chris, fish not biting today and stop being so bitter, :wacko::wacko:

Carl.

Results from 03/08/08 BADLRC Wormhough Challenge

1ST ALAN KEMP JOHN SALES 10500 POINTS

2ND TONY BASKILL ALAN WORMHOLD 9400 POINTS

3RD GARRY SMITH DANNY RILEY 8300 POINTS

4TH NICK BIRD DAFFYDD BELTON 7400 POINTS

5TH SIMON ESSAM ALAN SHARP 7000 POINTS

6TH ERIC TOYNE DAVE GREEN 6100 POINTS

7TH DAN THOMAS STEVE JEFFERIES 5900 POINTS

8TH JAMIE CORBRIDGE GAVIN ROBINSON 5200 POINTS

9TH GLYNN YATES CHRIS BOOTH 4200 POINTS

And all respective co drivers who worked hard and seem to have been forgotten,

Carl,

Carl

All the results and entrys have now been updated with Co Drivers click on the links at BADLRC Website to down load the results page.

Matt Thompson

Competition Secretary

BADLRC

same as the others thanks for a great day out , really liked the format , we just ploded along all day so was a big suprise to come 4th and a fastest special stage 1 :D

looks like i may have lost my regular seat though :(:unsure:

Dafydd, you must have been moving on SS1, we did it in 2min 45 seconds.

Kev can have your seat any time you cannot fill it mate.

Dafydd, you must have been moving on SS1, we did it in 2min 45 seconds.

boothy went thru after you , and beat your time , and we went thru after boothy and the marshel said we had beaten him ? but i havent seen the results and dont think we did it under 3 mins :unsure:

Glynn and I didn't do SS1 because we were booked on it a 10.35hrs which is about 15 minutes after Glynn broke his bl**dy truck, so we missed our alocated time slot,

We beat Saley and Kempy on SS2 by over 4 minutes which was good going considering we had to drag Glynn's truck though, he couldn't ever get over the bridge/pipe at the start or the section with a CV gone, and we got less penalities on SS2 than Hinge and Bracket did. :hysterical:

But even though GSR341 well done you beat, fair and square, all the old men on time alone on the special stages.

Make sure you remind them at regular intervals, if you can get a word in. :P

See you next weekend

Glynn and I didn't do SS1 because we were booked on it a 10.35hrs which is about 15 minutes after Glynn broke his bl**dy truck, so we missed our alocated time slot,

We beat Saley and Kempy on SS2 by over 4 minutes which was good

ah my mistake alan/boothy , i got mixed up we did really really bad on ss1 (the water one) as we kind of misunderstood the rules some what and went at it completly the wrong way was ss2 we done well on , recon we could have gone faster had we tryed too :P

Dafydd

• 2 weeks later...

Plans are well underfoot for the next challenge to be held same place on the 29th 30th november. if anybody has any advice from the last event please let me know.

Plans are for 6 hours of specials with a few punches compulsery tea break 4 hours night punches followed be a day of punches.

the forms will be ready on the web site shortly.

It's great to hear you all had a good time.